Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Bottle Sterilizing

Hi Ladies!

My husband and I are due March 28th. We are purchasing the last things on our baby registry and we were wondering if it was worth purchasing the bottle sterilizer. We heard that if you have the sani-wash or sanitizer feature on your dishwasher, than we could just wash the bottles in the dishwasher in that mode. Is this true? Or should we purchase the microwave sanitzer? Does it really matter?

Re: Bottle Sterilizing

• You can just use the dishwasher or put bottles in a pot of boiling water for a few mins (according to the bottle instructions).
  • I just used a big pot of boiling water.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I guess I'm the odd woman out- I love our microwave sterilizer! I don't run the dishwasher every day and don't want to run it just for bottles. And I don't want to wait for a giant pot of water to boil either. I just hand wash and rinse in a dishpan, then sterilize in the microwave for 4 minutes and bottles are ready to go. 10 minutes start to finish for a days worth of bottles.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • I boil mine every day. Don't have a dishwasher so the only way for me is boiling :/
  • We use the sanitize function on the dishwasher. I bought the microwave one with my first and use it like three times. My older boys play with it now - it's a spaceship. Total waste of money for me. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Proud Mom to the ZooCrew - Jack 3 years old and Joey 21 months. 
    Excited and delighted to welcome the 3rd member of the ZooCrew in 2015! We can't wait to meet you Matthew Henry!
  • I have the electric tommy tippie sanitizer and I love it. I got it when it was 50% off sale and used my 10% completion coupon from babies r us. DH does have to brine it with vinegar weekly. I was told not to do the dishwasher because food particles fly off the dirty dishes and get stuck in the bottles and nipples.
  • I guess I'm the odd woman out- I love our microwave sterilizer! I don't run the dishwasher every day and don't want to run it just for bottles. And I don't want to wait for a giant pot of water to boil either. I just hand wash and rinse in a dishpan, then sterilize in the microwave for 4 minutes and bottles are ready to go. 10 minutes start to finish for a days worth of bottles.

This Is me. I use the microwave sterilizer for the same reasons. So far it's worth it to me..
  • Not good use of money. Just use boiling water.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"