BumpHQ

You're building a better community for us?

LMurphy207LMurphy207 member
edited January 2015 in BumpHQ

Dear Bump Gods,

Is this your idea of a better community?  Have you read the boards lately?  The unicorn glitter shitting love fest that you hoped for is a big fat fail.  This community used to be full of support and a great place to get advise from other moms. 

The boards are a fucking joke now.  The special snow flakes, white knights and drive buy posters have turned these communities into a nightmare.  I am convinced that some of these posts are started by bump employees just to see if they can get the rest of the regulars off the board by annoying the crap out of them. 

The posts and number of responses to them have dropped by the HUNDREDS!  Honestly, the only reason I still log on here is to laugh at the mess that you've made.

Pathetic.

@bumpmay, @bumpadmin, @bumpcaitlin & @bumptara

Re: You're building a better community for us?

• You moved my post off of the board instead of answering any of the questions we tagged you in for days? Classy.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm really starting to get confused as to what the bump gods are attempting to accomplish now. It's almost as if they are trying to make this website fail.   :-/
    ~
    Married May 18, 2013
    Expecting our first child April 3, 2015
  • We are trying to condense these type of questions to the Bump HQ board so that there are less off topic threads on the individual boards.

We appreciate your honesty regarding the current state of the community. We are working to turn things around and would love it if the loyal members of the community who have decided to stick around would help in that process. We understand that a great deal of you are unhappy with the current changes and we are very sorry for the way everything went down. We want your help building things back up. This will require some compassion for the new users joining the site by helping them along the way rather than bashing them for asking questions you may already know the answer to. Most people who sign up here are looking for support from people in the same position as them. It would be great to see more helpful responses and less negative comments. If someone posts in the wrong area kindly direct them to the correct board and move on. It will take time, but we will get there with the current communities help.
  • We are trying to condense these type of questions to the Bump HQ board so that there are less off topic threads on the individual boards.

We appreciate your honesty regarding the current state of the community. We are working to turn things around and would love it if the loyal members of the community who have decided to stick around would help in that process. We understand that a great deal of you are unhappy with the current changes and we are very sorry for the way everything went down. We want your help building things back up. This will require some compassion for the new users joining the site by helping them along the way rather than bashing them for asking questions you may already know the answer to. Most people who sign up here are looking for support from people in the same position as them. It would be great to see more helpful responses and less negative comments. If someone posts in the wrong area kindly direct them to the correct board and move on. It will take time, but we will get there with the current communities help.

8-|

I feel like this is copy and pasted to every question, PM and email sent to them.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • If you come across any posts that are against the TOU we encourage you to report them so that we can take action if needed. We definitely do not condone bullying.

Don't tell me how to bump! We are the ones that built this place, you guys destroyed it! You want to welcome the hoards of morons then go ahead. I will continue to support the ones that support others.
  • Directed at the bump:
    Actually i have to agree that the changes have affected the board in a negative way rather than a positive way. The responses of the members alone is not what makes me think this, but rather observation.
    Yes i know some people did go too far or sometimes there was a bit much snark on a post that really didn't merit it (this goes for the entire site not this board particularly), however, removing people and posts which has prompted some of the regs to leave has just left this board feeling empty and lifeless. They WERE what made the boards and what made the community. The only reason i'm still here ( not that i'm really a reg)  is to see if it improves and because i honestly can't be bothered going to a different forum. (I can't use your app anyway as it doesn't work on older IOS) I would like to imagine it will improve but i'm doubtful. 

There are a lot of methods you could have used to attempt to get newer members treated a little better rather than the unprecedented cull of members. For one thing i don't particularly remember any warning about a cull, i just remember hearing that there had been one. You really should have set it as a "anyone who breaks x rule from x date will be removed if behaviour continues after a warning" not just "We are going to randomly remove members without any real warning because that's fair".

And no i'm not just being completely negative, this is me trying to be helpful by pointing out how the situation was handled as opposed to how it should have been handled. If i'm honest i'm worried i'll be removed just for posting this and as a member of your site i don't think i should have to feel like that for voicing an opinion.

TL;DR I'm all for respecting people a little more, but that goes for the site treating it's members with more respect too and there were more things that could have been done before a member cull.
  • What happened to bump Caitlin's "community" post at the top of our board anyway? I've noticed it's been gone for days.
  • @frownyface, if a comment or post violates the TOU, it is removed. The entire thread you are referring to was removed because it was off topic and generating only negative responses that were not helpful to the OP. We understand you are not happy with the changes in the community, and we are open to your suggestions on how to make things better moving forward.
  • Meanwhile I would like to consider sticking around but am still waiting for my account to be restored or to be given some explanation as to why my original account (nmrd) was banned.

Can someone look into this? I can't help but think I (like many others) was banned by mistake. I don't post that frequently and I can't think of anything remotely controversial in my post history. I do not have an AE--I had not posted on TB under any other screennames. I have never received any warnings or notifications regarding being banned. I'm at a loss here. I just discovered a few weeks ago that I could no longer reply or "love" anything and then logged on my computer to see that I had been banned.

I don't generally post about it but I've struggled a lot this pregnancy with depression and anxiety and have often felt very isolated for a number of reasons. This is my first pregnancy. I've found a lot of solace and support being able to connect even in small ways with the women on my month board--just having access to a group of people in similar places in the process each step of the way and feeling a part of something has meant a lot to me. I was really saddened to discover I had been banned, especially so close to my due date. I am now 6 days past my due date. Being increasingly exhausted and physically uncomfortable has meant spending even more time by myself, which, combined with the anxiety and stress of waiting has made this a time in which I have most needed support. I'm glad to have been able to at least connect with some people from my month board outside the Bump, but I'm still saddened to have lost access to the majority of the group at such a time and to have been outcast with no explanation and no response from Bump admins who are saying that they care and want to rebuild the community. I can't even imagine what those who lost access to the boards are feeling who are dealing with loss or other worse situations.

Please could someone respond and let me know what is going on with my original account (nmrd)? I've sent multiple emails to the address provided by BC (the incorrectly spelled one and then the correctly spelled one). Now that I've got a new account approved I have sent a message to BumpCaitlin and having heard nothing and am now finally able to post on a thread to ask what's going on.

If an answer can't be given at this time could I please get an estimated timeframe for when I can expect to hear something? If I should not expect a response at any time in the future could someone let me know this as well?

Thanks.

@bumpmay, @bumpadmin, @bumpcaitlin & @bumptara
  • @frownyface, if a comment or post violates the TOU, it is removed. The entire thread you are referring to was removed because it was off topic and generating only negative responses that were not helpful to the OP. We understand you are not happy with the changes in the community, and we are open to your suggestions on how to make things better moving forward.
    Thank you for your response. What constitutes off topic? Are we not allowed to socialize under the new regime? I'd like to know before I attempt to actually invest myself, because I tend to talk about more than just my uterus with my real life friends, so if I can't do that here, there's really no point in continuing. I feel like it's really impossible to get specific answers. The message stated that it was against the guidelines, which your company explicitly stated were not TOU. It seems an awfully slippery and arbitrary slope. My suggestion is to stop deleting everything that makes your site "look bad" and let us operate as adults. We built you a community before, something it seems your administrators are unable to do on their own, so your intervention is truly making everything worse.
    Hi frownyface,

Please allow me to jump in for Caitlyn here...

Of course it's fine to socialize here, and have threads and conversations that aren't specifically about your uterus (if I may borrow your phrasing).  However, as a regular, I'm sure you're very aware that sometimes a thread gets so far afield that it just can't be brought back.  Negative posts are flying, one building off another, and pretty soon, the original topic is lost, and it's a flame-fest.  When that happens, sometimes the best course of action is just to remove the entire thing, rather than leave it, and have it stirred up again each time someone new comes along and posts.

That was the decision that was made in this case -- that removing it was best.  I know some will disagree with that decision. 

I'm really interested to hear some ideas from the community of ways that we can meet in the middle. 
  • @nmrd2

I want you to know that your situation has been escalated, and is being investigated. I'm very sorry that it's taking so long.  It is not being ignored, I assure you.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've faced depression, anxiety, isolation, and other issues during your pregnancy.  That has to be so difficult.  And now you're six days past your due date!  Oh my!

It is my sincere hope that you don't even see this message for a few days, because you've given birth, and are basking in the joy of your precious first-born.  Best of luck to you!
  • BumpTara said:

@frownyface, if a comment or post violates the TOU, it is removed. The entire thread you are referring to was removed because it was off topic and generating only negative responses that were not helpful to the OP. We understand you are not happy with the changes in the community, and we are open to your suggestions on how to make things better moving forward.

Thank you for your response. What constitutes off topic? Are we not allowed to socialize under the new regime? I'd like to know before I attempt to actually invest myself, because I tend to talk about more than just my uterus with my real life friends, so if I can't do that here, there's really no point in continuing.

I feel like it's really impossible to get specific answers. The message stated that it was against the guidelines, which your company explicitly stated were not TOU. It seems an awfully slippery and arbitrary slope.

My suggestion is to stop deleting everything that makes your site "look bad" and let us operate as adults. We built you a community before, something it seems your administrators are unable to do on their own, so your intervention is truly making everything worse.

Hi frownyface,

Of course it's fine to socialize here, and have threads and conversations that aren't specifically about your uterus (if I may borrow your phrasing).  However, as a regular, I'm sure you're very aware that sometimes a thread gets so far afield that it just can't be brought back.  Negative posts are flying, one building off another, and pretty soon, the original topic is lost, and it's a flame-fest.  When that happens, sometimes the best course of action is just to remove the entire thing, rather than leave it, and have it stirred up again each time someone new comes along and posts.

That was the decision that was made in this case -- that removing it was best.  I know some will disagree with that decision. 

I'm really interested to hear some ideas from the community of ways that we can meet in the middle. 

"I'm really interested to hear some ideas from the community of ways that we can meet in the middle"

Are you trying to be funny here? Because you're not succeeding.
  • bumptarabumptara admin
    edited January 2015
    @AmyG*

That was very constructive and very helpful.  I thank you sincerely for the time you took to post it.  I'll wave it under the noses of everyone else.

• BumpTara said:
    @AmyG*

That was very constructive and very helpful.  I thank you sincerely for the time you took to post it.  I'll wave it under the noses of everyone else.
    What does that mean? Who is "everyone else?"

Are we ever going to see or hear from these "mods" of which you speak? 
    "Everyone else" is "the rest of the team," because there are several of us.  I apologize for not being more clear about that. 

It is my hope (even my "sincere" hope, although I was told above that I can't use that word), that we can find a common ground.  I know it must feel like we are the enemy, but we are not.  We are here to help put your community back together, and to move forward alongside you.  We care about the individual and very specific and unique needs of each community that is represented here.  We know that things suddenly went very "sideways," and we are so sorry, and want to do what we can to move forward from this point.

When each moderator post brings a ton of "shade," false accusations, name-calling, and misunderstandings, with maybe one useful, helpful response, it starts to feel like it might be better to remain silent, and just keep working behind the scenes.  Thank you again for your thoughtful response, @AmyG   You, and many others, are appreciated.

If you want help building a community, stop deleting and moving people's posts! We don't have to agree with you or anyone else. It sounds like you want robots to answer questions.
    You'll get nowhere. The community has moved. You could learn so much from our dark side with over 6,000 of your former members.
    BumpTara said:

@frownyface, if a comment or post violates the TOU, it is removed. The entire thread you are referring to was removed because it was off topic and generating only negative responses that were not helpful to the OP. We understand you are not happy with the changes in the community, and we are open to your suggestions on how to make things better moving forward.

Thank you for your response. What constitutes off topic? Are we not allowed to socialize under the new regime? I'd like to know before I attempt to actually invest myself, because I tend to talk about more than just my uterus with my real life friends, so if I can't do that here, there's really no point in continuing.

I feel like it's really impossible to get specific answers. The message stated that it was against the guidelines, which your company explicitly stated were not TOU. It seems an awfully slippery and arbitrary slope.

My suggestion is to stop deleting everything that makes your site "look bad" and let us operate as adults. We built you a community before, something it seems your administrators are unable to do on their own, so your intervention is truly making everything worse.

Hi frownyface,

That is NOT the best course of action. There is no middle. You will do what you want, which is apparently to destroy the forums. It's just the height of disrespect to delete threads that shouldn't be because the butthurt poster can't admit they were wrong.

Whatever, bumpadmins. You have horrible boards now, and you can't fix that. Congrats.
  • @bumpcaitlin Does the new bump including turning a blind eye when new members clearly violate the TOU?  Im confused as to why Neisha4515 is still here.  Does the two warning then banned on the third still stand?  Do you only get one warning for multiple infractions if they are all on one thread? Id like this made clear.  Thank you. 
  • You are censoring us when we are on topic. You just deleted several posts, made by regs you would supposedly love to stick around, all of which explained to someone that being stressed during your 2ww would not cause a miscarriage. Why were those posts deleted? Instead you leave the post that was uneducated and wrong by a poster who hasn't been active on your boards and probably won't be back. The way you are handling this is disgraceful.

According to my warning, I violated TOU. Im guessing it's because I said f*ck in my post (edited so as not to get another warning). But I'm an adult. I have a hard time understanding why I can't speak/type like one, especially when people are putting other people's lives potentially in danger and nothing is done.
  • You are censoring us when we are on topic. You just deleted several posts, made by regs you would supposedly love to stick around, all of which explained to someone that being stressed during your 2ww would not cause a miscarriage. Why were those posts deleted? Instead you leave the post that was uneducated and wrong by a poster who hasn't been active on your boards and probably won't be back. The way you are handling this is disgraceful.
    According to my warning, I violated TOU. Im guessing it's because I said f*ck in my post (edited so as not to get another warning). But I'm an adult. I have a hard time understanding why I can't speak/type like one, especially when people are putting other people's lives potentially in danger and nothing is done.
    So we can't cuss in general now?  The MODS should read the TOU. 

According to the link @BumpCaitlin provided in my warning, no vulgar or obscene language is permitted. So while we all adults here, we are being treated like the babies we are trying to have/have had/lost. All because newbies complained. Where are all the newbies now, @BumpCaitlin‌, @BumpTara‌?
    According to the link @BumpCaitlin provided in my warning, no vulgar or obscene language is permitted. So while we all adults here, we are being treated like the babies we are trying to have/have had/lost. All because newbies complained. Where are all the newbies now, @BumpCaitlin‌, @BumpTara‌?
    Well shit darn! 
  • LOL, @BumpAdmin‌! Now you are warning me for a post that I never made? I own my shit. No need to make things up. Please let me know when I said the following:
    "You realize the majority of posters that actually have sense jumped ship and went to a much better place where sense is welcomed and not shunned?

Oh, no, because that would require you to use that lump 3 feet above your ass"

I'd love to know. At least when @BumpCaitlin‌ warned me, she sent me the thread link.
    Does anyone know where this might have been posted? There are so many options!
  • I'm still waiting on a reply as to how my post violated TOU. Unless the word a$$ (just in case lol) is now considered vulgar and obscene. Also note that this was talking about the body part, not name-calling. I would like a comprehensive list as to what words are now considered vulgar, because in my opinion, that isn't one of them. (Unless of course you can make up another reason why my post violated TOU)

Or just make up a post altogether.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"