Health & Exercise
Options

Getting rid of belly fat (post partum) - is it possible?

I am petite, average build. I have two children (1.5 & 3.5).
I am working my ass off (starting 1 Jan) to lose the baby weight.  It is 100% obvious in my face, it has slimmed down so much!  And it is obvious in my arms, chest area as for the first time in 3 years I could buy a medium in shirts (regardless of brand).  However, my waist size has not changed at all!  And my belly is still like jelly.  I don't expect my belly to "tone up" without a lot of hard work but the shape and size hasn't changed.

Anyonw have a similar experience and/or advise? 

Re: Getting rid of belly fat (post partum) - is it possible?

• Options
    Hey there!  I actually had a baby in January 2013.. had about 20-30lbs I wanted to lose.  A couple months ago I tried an Advocare 24 Day Challenge, & I lost 14 inches total, & 5lbs.  Since then I have stayed on a couple products & am now down 22lbs & 19 inches.  Once you do this, your body is cleansed & can properly absorb nutrients, & this challenge also resets your metabolism & energy levels.  I was a napper everyday for like 2 hours until I did this, & now I rarely take one.  I loved the products so much that I recently became a distributor because I want to help others get back on track I am offering 40% off until Tuesday if you're interested in learning more! :)
  • Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen! Reduce your sodium, alcohol, sweets, etc. Track your food and work on your core exercises, you should see results.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Prior to pregnancy, I trimmed my waist by cutting out processed food (bread, pasta, sweets) and by running. Now that I'm two months post partum, I am ready to do the same process again.
  • Options
    You can't target belly fat specifically no matter how many core exercises you do. Eating balanced meals and weight lifting and some cardio at least 4 times a week has worked for me. Cut out processed white flour and sugar like the person above me said.
  • Options
    2 yrs pp with my 1st I had visible abs which I never had before! (: but I also am engaged to a bodybuilder and I'm a nutritionist so that helps as well.