Secondary IF

Biggest Loser Check-in 1/26/15

Hey Ladies!  Time to send me your weights and talk about our week!  

Tell us:

1.  Something you are proud of 
2.  Something you need to work on
3.  Your plan

QOTW:  What's your favorite thing you like to do for exercise?

imageimageimage
My FF Chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
TTC #3 since June 2013
BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

Re: Biggest Loser Check-in 1/26/15

• AFM:

1.  Something you are proud of 
    I'm down 2lbs!!!  I also kicked ass at the gym last week.
    I have at least 2 nights out this week and I'm going to *try* to be as good as possible when eating out.
    3.  Your plan
    I'm going to continue to work out as much as I can and eat as best as I can. 

QOTW:  I'm loving my group training at the gym.  It's like a personal training session but with 8 people, it makes it more fun!

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    TTC #3 since June 2013

IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• 1.  Something you are proud of 
    I too kicked butt at the gym this week. I worked out 5 days including a 75 minute spin class yesterday. My behind hurts from that - ha.
    I did much better drinking and eating sweets last week, but I will keep this in the 'working' category for now
    3.  Your plan
    Since I am having surgery on Wednesday, this week will be a wash for me. I intend to workout tonight and tomorrow, and just do some light walking on Sat & Sun if I am up to it. I will just have to watch my calorie intake super close this week.
    I am a sucker for group fitness. I like competing with others even if they don't know it. I boot camp at least once a week, but really got into running a few years ago.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Loading the player...

• 1.  Something you are proud of 
    I too kicked butt at the gym this week. I worked out 5 days including a 75 minute spin class yesterday. My behind hurts from that - ha.
    I did much better drinking and eating sweets last week, but I will keep this in the 'working' category for now
    3.  Your plan
    Since I am having surgery on Wednesday, this week will be a wash for me. I intend to workout tonight and tomorrow, and just do some light walking on Sat & Sun if I am up to it. I will just have to watch my calorie intake super close this week.
    I am a sucker for group fitness. I like competing with others even if they don't know it. I boot camp at least once a week, but really got into running a few years ago.

YAY for losing this week!  I'll be thinking about you on Wednesday!!!  Just do the best you can and not worry about this week.  You need time to heal!!

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    TTC #3 since June 2013

MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• 1. Something you are proud of: bought a bunch of healthy stuff and have cut my soda intake big time

2. Something you need to work on my eating still a work in progress

3. Your plan: healthy smoothies salads and being more active

QOTW: What's your favorite thing you like to do for exercise? Walking! My girls are quite large so bouncy activities are a no go unless I want my back to hurt

Me(27)+ DH(30) Married since Sept.2007
    BFP #1 DD born 6/1/2009 (no complications)
    TTC #2 March 2011
    BFP# 2 after 4 rounds of clomid (blighted ovum)12/11
    BFP# 3 w help of clomid 2/12 DS born 10/24/2012

TTC#3

Stopped preventing when DS was 6 months old (4/13), really started TTC 10/13
    Started clomid July 2014, 3 failed rounds of clomid w OB (low pro on CD 21) sent to RE

HSG and blood work all good
    round 1: clomid and trigger shot~BFN
    round 2: clomid, trigger and IUI~BFN
    round 3: clomid, trigger and IUI +4 booster HCG~NOPE

On a break!!! Til April/May 

round 4:clomid, trigger (missed IUI window) NO fricking way BFP

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                                                                            BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. I lost weight this week after a super stressful week.

2. Not going overboard on my cheat day.

3. Eating healthy and exercising.

QOTW: Elliptical. It's fun and not too hard on my body.

Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• 1. Something you are proud of: bought a bunch of healthy stuff and have cut my soda intake big time 2. Something you need to work on my eating still a work in progress 3. Your plan: healthy smoothies salads and being more active QOTW: What's your favorite thing you like to do for exercise? Walking! My girls are quite large so bouncy activities are a no go unless I want my back to hurt
    You need to find a good fitting sports bra! I have a Moving Comfort Jubralee and it is great. It goes up to a 44DD (smaller back sizes in an E). I learned long ago that you need to invest in a good sports bra to keep your boobs from bouncing too much. 

My local bra store has larger sports bras available too, but I haven't bought any specific brands from there, just know they have them.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • I think I missed the last checkin!

We're still going strong on eating at home. We have been out to eat twice this month.

I need to work on getting the amount of food right. I've been eating a lot more whole food and so I don't know if I'm eating often enough. Yesterday around 3 I had what felt like a blood sugar crash. Fortunately I had an apple and a handful of almonds left from lunch, but they didn't work fast enough so I had to eat a few m&ms to make the shaky feeling go away until the real food could kick in. Scary!

DH and I have a standing babysitter on Tuesday nights so we are going to try to hit the gym together. And one of my coworkers is getting her yoga instructor's certification and is running a free class after work on Mondays to practice! I also need to start thinking more about soccer and iui timing. I'd like to get back to playing, but it's coed and can get kind of rough so I have been holding back while I cycle.
  • @Frenchteachermama‌ I can't figure out how to message via mobile but no change this week

TTC #2 March 2011

TTC#3

Started clomid July 2014, 3 failed rounds of clomid w OB (low pro on CD 21) sent to RE

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1.  I signed up for a 5K in March!  
    2.  Snacking and giving into cravings.  I ate really poorly this week.
    3.  Snacking healthy and hitting the pavement.

QOTW:  Nothing.  I guess I like running when I get to the point where it isn't hard and I am not there yet.  I like some group aerobics classes, but I haven't belonged to a gym in a really long time.
    Me: 34 DH: 36 
    DD#1 04/28/11

TTC#2 since April 2012 - Unexplained Secondary IF (probably PCOS)
    Dec 13-March 14 Femara and TI - BFN
    April 2014 IUI#1 (Femara + Ovidrel) - BFN
    June 2014 IUI#2 (Femara + Ovidrel) - BFP 7/9/14 - No HB on 8/13/14 @ 8w4d
    Nov 2014 IUI#3 (Femara + Ovidrel) - BFFN
    Jan 2015 IUI#4 (Femara + Ovidrel) - BFN
    Feb 2015 IUI#5 Converted to TI (7.5mg Femara) - BFP 3/17/15!!!
    Beta #1 82, Beta #2 202 Please let this be it.
  • 1. Something you are proud of: bought a bunch of healthy stuff and have cut my soda intake big time 2. Something you need to work on my eating still a work in progress 3. Your plan: healthy smoothies salads and being more active QOTW: What's your favorite thing you like to do for exercise? Walking! My girls are quite large so bouncy activities are a no go unless I want my back to hurt

I absolutely love walking!  It's so freaking cold here now but I have a 3 mile loop I like to do and I swear I feel so much better after than when I run!

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    TTC #3 since June 2013

MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• 1. I lost weight this week after a super stressful week. 2. Not going overboard on my cheat day. 3. Eating healthy and exercising. QOTW: Elliptical. It's fun and not too hard on my body.
    YAY for such a great week!  I need to be better about your #2, I'm not being good when I cheat!  

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    TTC #3 since June 2013

MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• annibes said:
    I think I missed the last checkin! We're still going strong on eating at home. We have been out to eat twice this month. I need to work on getting the amount of food right. I've been eating a lot more whole food and so I don't know if I'm eating often enough. Yesterday around 3 I had what felt like a blood sugar crash. Fortunately I had an apple and a handful of almonds left from lunch, but they didn't work fast enough so I had to eat a few m&ms to make the shaky feeling go away until the real food could kick in. Scary! DH and I have a standing babysitter on Tuesday nights so we are going to try to hit the gym together. And one of my coworkers is getting her yoga instructor's certification and is running a free class after work on Mondays to practice! I also need to start thinking more about soccer and iui timing. I'd like to get back to playing, but it's coed and can get kind of rough so I have been holding back while I cycle.
    Tell me about this "whole food" diet, I've heard a lot about it!!  My DH has a funny story, he's a GI doc and a patient was complaining that their whole food diet was making them sick...apparently they thought whole food was anything that came directly from a can.  hahahaha  Like the whole food is in the can.  

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    TTC #3 since June 2013

MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• pdxveg said:
    1.  I signed up for a 5K in March!  
    2.  Snacking and giving into cravings.  I ate really poorly this week.
    3.  Snacking healthy and hitting the pavement.

QOTW:  Nothing.  I guess I like running when I get to the point where it isn't hard and I am not there yet.  I like some group aerobics classes, but I haven't belonged to a gym in a really long time.
    Ha!  I feel the same way about exercise.  I force myself to do it but I have never loved anything about it.  My favorite exercise is eating and watching tv

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    TTC #3 since June 2013

MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

What have you replaced the soda with? When I first cut it out a few years ago, I found I was replacing it with juice (still not good). Finally, I got to water (still or carbonated) with some fruit in it. I felt so much better not having all that extra sodium in my body. 

Keep up the hard work!

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • @frenchteachermama you are cracking me up with your responses. 

We eat a pretty 'whole food' diet, but don't follow exactly, we just don't have enough time in the day. We pretty much eat fresh foods, not much from a can, box, etc. DH & I can always tell when we start slipping into our old ways because we have more trash and start to feel a little slower with all the added sodium.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    What have you replaced the soda with? When I first cut it out a few years ago, I found I was replacing it with juice (still not good). Finally, I got to water (still or carbonated) with some fruit in it. I felt so much better not having all that extra sodium in my body. 

Keep up the hard work!

I had cut it out completely a few years ago, but sadly fell off the no soda train. I've got myself down to around 24oz a day (one can in the morning since I don't do coffee and one can w dinner) as compared to 60+oz a day, fountain Dr. Peppers are my weakness. We got this ladies

TTC #2 March 2011

TTC#3

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Frenchteachermama‌ LOL! I just try to go for the veggies or fruits first. It's actually kind of nice to pack my lunch by throwing a bunch of fresh stuff in my bag. Easy to pack, transport, and eat! I am finding it hard to eat enough, though- I just have to find the right balance and avoid the processed crap!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"