LGBT Parenting
Options

Middle of the night rambling

Anyone else awake? It's 1:40am and I haven't slept yet because little Owen is just ready to paaarty.

... I might just fall unconscious while typing this.

Re: Middle of the night rambling

• Options
    Oh man :( I hope you were able to get some rest! I hate nights like that. Most days I wish I had half of the energy my toddler has.
    *BFP #1-10/20/2012 EDD 7/4/2013*
    *DS 6/28/2013*
  • Options
    Lennon's sleep has always been crazy, I'm up often at all hours of the night still...feel free to message me if you need a middle of the night buddy lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I could have chatted with you! :)

CageyMack
    37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

• Options
    I hope everyone gets a much better nights sleep tonight!  But if anyone's awake feel free to reach out :-)  Chances are that I'll be awake too.
  • Options
    Haha @Jazibel‌ I'm awake too! Always! Night shift with twins bites! I miss sleeping in my bed. Now, I watch a ton of netflix. Currently on season 7 of one tree hill. About the time I get them both settled I only have an hr. Before it's time to repeat. Can't wait for them to sleep longer and us to be allowed to LET them sleep longer.

And omg...Drew hadn't pooped in 3 days so dr. Had us give him a little prune juice...diaper BLOW OUT! Oh so fun!

How was the rest of your "night"?

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
    IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
    8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
    IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
    8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
    9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.
  • Options
    This is a fun thread we should just keep going... Where people can post ridiculous middle of the night things!

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options
    I'm so sad to say that I too am up in the MON every.single.night with my 14 month old still! I'll check in here tonight. :)
  • Options
    So tonight I'm irritated that my mil who was a total you know what when boys were born is apparently coming this weekend. She said some very hurtful things about me over this past month and now I get to deal with her on top of still adjusting to life with twins, no sleep, a sick baby, praying other baby doesn't GET sick, I got my period for first time in like 10 months, and in just TIRED! I haven't slept in my own bed in over 2 weeks. Tired of sleeping in chairs and on couches. I miss sleeping for more than an hr. At a time.
    She wants to come and "help" but I know that means nag...and a relationship with S and her mom is rocky at best anyway. S has really tried to make it work with her mom with my encouragement. Now I see how horrible she can be, and S is in a good place with her. She feels guilty that my mom is coming to help us from valentines weekend until whenever we don't need her really anymore. As soon as S mom found that out, here they come. Can't be out done. They were here when boys were born and her mom was mean to S and degrading and calling her a wimp. I finally snapped at her so they didn't even stay to help out while boys were in NICU. They left as soon as S was discharged. Lord grant me some patience because mine ran out when we walked through the ER door and nobody could get an IV in my baby to help him!

IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.

8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
  • Options
    @AandStilltrying - I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time right now!  First, how is Drew?  I hope he's doing better.  Second, I'm sorry you are having a rough time with your MIL.  Is S aware of what's going on and how she makes you feel?  I know it may be a bit much for S to have to intervene right now, but you deserve respect and certainly to feel at ease in your own home, especially as you are parenting newborns.  

As for sleep, I can't speak to life with twins, but I do know that it gets better.  You will sleep a few hours in a row once again.  During the NB period, I would tell myself that it was just a short season in life.  It feels like forever when you are in it, but it really will pass quickly.  Lots of support from me to you!
  • Options
    And, by the way, I'm up because Ash woke around 4:30am.  Once I was nursed him and put him back in his crib, it didn't seem worth it to fall asleep for less than an hour before I have to get up.  Boo.
  • Options
    @ATXmommas‌ Drew is doing much better. Said just viral and we are going home today. S says Matts now showing signs. Drs here said let it run it's course unless breathing gets labored like with Drew or he stops eating like Drew.

Yes S knows what she's saying and she has defended me but I get hurt feelings easy and her mom is super rough around edges and won't apologize for anything. She basically says I'm lazy and don't do anything to help (um hello I quit my job to stay home to raise these boys, I take night shift so your daughter can sleep peacefully and I cook and clean).

Ash you silly boy! Let your momma get some sleep too! I can't get over how big he's getting. Love love love the pics of him with your fur baby! So stinkin cute.

• Options
    @andstilltrying - It's daytime now but I wanted to say I'm sorry your MIL is such a... hard person to get along with. I hope that her stay is short and as sweet as possible.

FX Drew recovers quickly now and Matt doesn't get as sick.  

Take care!
  • Options
    Thanks @Jazibel‌! They will be here Sat. Deep breathing!

• Options
    Well, unfortunately, my middle of the night rambling is not due to my sweet little baby girl, but because I am back in the hospital. :(

Some of you may remember I posted a little bit of my birth saga a few weeks ago which included a 10 day hospital stay, part of which was spent in ICU.

Well, here we are 3 weeks later and I am back because I spiked a fever yesterday that doesn't seem to want to stay down, and since my c-section incision is open (had to be reopened during that 10 day hospital stay due to infection) they needed to make sure it wasn't due to another infection there.

I'm stuck in this effing place away from my sweet baby girl until I can go 24 hours with no fever. Since I still have a fever right now, I'm here until at least Saturday.

They have me on 3 different IV antibiotics to try and knock out whatever infection is causing the problems.

Meanwhile, its so hard to be stuck in the hospital away from my baby. They did put me in the mother baby unit so last night (I've been here since yesterday) my wife and the baby were able to stay with me. But I sent them home today because I really wanted my wife to get some sleep that wasn't in a chair and the baby to get out of the hospital away from the germs.

We don't really have many people who can watch the baby for us at this point, so I'm stuck at the hospital alone until Saturday when one of our friends/baby's godmother can watch her.

I'd appreciate any prayers/good vibes/happy thoughts sent my way...

IUI #1 - November 2013 - BFN
    ICI #1 (home) - May 2014 - BFP!! Beta #1 - 5/30 - 164; Beta #2 - 6/6 - 4794!!!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @singingmua‌ you're in my t & p!
    That's horrible. So sorry you're not feeling well. I totally get how hard it is to be away from your baby. I spent last 2 nights at hospital with Drew so I was away from Matt and Sarah couldn't be with me. No fun at all. Praying they get all this cleared up this time. Hang in there.

• Options
    Ahhh Drew thinks he needs to be up 45 min before his next feeding. Mind you I only get 90 min. By time both feedings are done and they are laid down before we are up to do it again! Not cool little man! Leave paci in your mouth!!!!

• Options
    @singingmua - I am so sorry to hear that you are back in the hospital.  I really hope you recover quickly and get back home and that soon you will be in routine with your precious baby and all this will be a distant memory.  I'm so sorry. :(
  • Options
    Ash slept straight through from 7:30-5:45!!!!!!!!!  This is amazing for him.  Now, why were Z and I both awake at 3:30????  We need to retrain our bodies. :)
  • Options
    4 am and up damn pregnancy lol

Reading this all makes me think I should get up and start my day so I can nap later

Also that we should have r sleep in the living room so the one of us not on night duty can get sleep lol . I'll be back in a. Couple weeks for suggestions
    Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We did the whole living room night shift thing and I loved it. Then reality kicked in that S goes back to work in like 12 days and then it's basically me 24/7 and I miss my bed. So we've tried last 2 nights to sleep in "moms" room in rock n plays. Last night SUCKED. Hoping today is better. Twins were on opposite sleep schedules and not wanting to stay in rock n play for play time. They are only 6 weeks old and it is ROUGH. Ok attempting to sleep while they are. I might be back here later. ;)

• Options
    We did the whole living room night shift thing and I loved it. Then reality kicked in that S goes back to work in like 12 days and then it's basically me 24/7 and I miss my bed. So we've tried last 2 nights to sleep in "moms" room in rock n plays. Last night SUCKED. Hoping today is better. Twins were on opposite sleep schedules and not wanting to stay in rock n play for play time. They are only 6 weeks old and it is ROUGH. Ok attempting to sleep while they are. I might be back here later. ;)
    Sending you positive thoughts for a good nights sleep tonight!!

• Options
    Lol I'm on the couch. That should answer that! Things were going great and then at 4:00am yesterday morning S dad woke up ( her parents are in town at our house for 2 weeks ) with extreme pain and we thought he was having a heart attack. Off to er for that and my sister watched M and D at our house. They slept perfectly while I was gone!!! And now we are back to normal no sleep behavior. Tonight we were doing good but M had stomach cramps and then pooped up back and I had to change him right after eating so then he was throwing up like crazy too. Finally asleep right now, but is staring to stir. Time to feed again. M is just hard. D is sooo easy. Guess they even each other out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"