Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Soothing/nighttime sleep

allenemallenem member
edited January 2015 in Babies: 6 - 9 Months
my 9 month old wakes up every 2 hours all night. She will then scream and cry until we come rock or nurse her to sleep again. Yesterday I tried letting her know we were here, sang to her, put her back down but nothing. She cried for about 2 hours (with us checking and trying to calm or sing every now and then. ) nothing works, it's as if she doesn't know how to soothe herself back to sleep. Also if you don't go on her room (hoping she will fall back asleep) she has never gone back to bed, it just turns into hours of crying. I can't take waking up constantly at night so I would love some advice!!

Also she is my 2nd. My first (now 4) did the same thing (only every hr) until one year when we did a version of cry it out (which only took about 20 minutes at that age)

Re: Soothing/nighttime sleep

• Options
    I read this article which explaind babies sleep pattern...helped me understand and getting through sleepless nights. My LO sleeping comes in waves at night which he is usually a great sleeper until now at 8 months (teething nightmare!). We mamas and dadas have to ride out the challenging days. Read: https://www.breastfeedingbasics.com/articles/night-waking-will-i-ever-get-a-good-nights-sleep-again Don't despair, it does not last forever! It is not easy as parents. Hang on everyone!!
  • Options
    Mine does SO much better if I give him Motrin at bedtime, then maybe tylenol with a bottle if he wakes up.  If I don't do that, he'll be up all night just restless and inconsolable.  I think it really is pain from teething. 
    Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"