August 2015 Moms
Options

Anyone else notice...

There is a ridiculous amount of MUD on here these past few days. If you click on the usernames for almost any of the ridiculous posts (my boyfriend's clingy son....are you showing?....Ovulation Test....etc.), all of them have just joined within a month and that is their only discussion/response/activity. Granted, I had replied to a few of them before clicking on the usernames, but going forward when I see these posts I think I'll look before I waste my time replying. Seems like too much of a coincidence that all of these start right after a lot of people left the bump - but one would like to think that people could be more adult and recognize that they were pissed at what the bump did, not the people who post here so wasting all of our time seems a silly way of "getting back" at the bump.

Re: Anyone else notice...

• Options
    I did notice (after commenting, whoops.) I think I will check first and as you said, not waste my time. Hopefully they'll get bored and leave.
  • Options
    That's what I am hoping too. I have seen it on the 1st Trimester board too. I will say though, at least they are making their MUD a bit more entertaining lately rather than just, "Are you showing yet??" "Why am I not showing, I am 12 weeks and 1 hour..." Although they are still posting plenty of those too :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't think it's the ladies that left. I'm on the other board with them and they have better things to do with their time than create drama over here.

I would hope so too - that makes me feel better that someone on that board feels that way. I haven't been on it, but I'm sure if something was brewing you would have seen it.
  • Options
    Miz_LizMiz_Liz member
    edited January 2015
    Not everyone who left the bump went to that site. Some went to FB and some to who knows where. But it sure does seem since shit hit the fan the number of MUD posts have gone way up.
  • Options
    Oh please, some of them specifically say on there that they still lurk here, and they also make fun of some of the stuff posted here. So yeah, not every one of them checks here, but some of them admittedly do.
  • Options
    It could also be with the majority of the mean girls most of the people who have just added aren't worried about being told to search, or being kept in check by the science and knowledge of those who left.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    kc525kc525 member
    edited January 2015

Oh please, some of them specifically say on there that they still lurk here, and they also make fun of some of the stuff posted here. So yeah, not every one of them checks here, but some of them admittedly do.

Why, for the love of God, do you go over there?
    And like PP said, lurking is not that - in fact, since you so clearly lurk over there, you already know that. And you should know that, if anyone there was making fake accounts, we would probably be talking about it.

Edit, because anger and words don't mix.
  • Options
    Yeah, I just went over there before I made the comment. One time. And I will be ignoring anything you girls have to say on here, it seriously baffles me how you guys created a whole new board you do like but still lurk and post on this one just to show your disgust for us. Move on. Bye.
  • Options

Yeah, I just went over there before I made the comment. One time. And I will be ignoring anything you girls have to say on here, it seriously baffles me how you guys created a whole new board you do like but still lurk and post on this one just to show your disgust for us. Move on. Bye.

Hmmm... Yeah, ok.

I actually stay to support those who still need it, and use the PM to speak with them one on one. But hey - you're right, I should move on. It's just really hard to read some comments without at least pointing out logic and reality.

• Options
    Look, I still post here and lurk sometimes. And I like to think I'm pretty nice. And I'm over there. You want to know why I'm still here somewhat?

Because TB was my home. Through three losses, almost a year of bench time and surgery and a lot of really truly awful shit that I hope no one else ever ever has to go through. It's very hard for me to just let it go. It's something that was a daily part of my life for so long. I thought I'd spend time here, eventually go back to TTGP and maybe conquer my fears about Parenting. So, I'm still in stages of being able to say, nope, no Bump today. Also, I'm so full of knowledge about this stuff. And I like dropping it. I don't expect anyone who's just rolled up on this board to understand that.

I can tell you that this board is talked about, a lot of times for the same ridiculous MUD-dy things you are calling out anyway. The general consensus is that the really bad ones were baiting to see who would come on and tear into them and get themselves banned (baiting possibly by some higher-ups, which is no more ridiculous an idea than thinking that members would come back from another place to do so). Really, go take a look at almost any other baby forum site. Those types of posts are a dime a dozen. Here we had pretty strict newbie blogs, daily threads, and such to keep it all in line. And now that they know they can get away with it here, more and more will migrate. 

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You are making a lot of assumptions....you are assuming that I was referring to all of the "regs" that left. I never said that. You yourself admit that there were "bad apples" trying to stir shit up...and it appears that there still are. The only purpose of the original post was to raise awareness that some of the crap being posted is just that - crap...so that people don't waste their time and energy responding to it so that those who find it fun to post fake posts get bored and leave. Plain and simple. If I thought it was all of the regulars who left, I would have named names or spelled it out that way.
  • Options
    I also don't think that most of those threads are MUD at all.... You're missing the point, OP. They are real people, with real (ridiculous) questions. And that's going to be the majority of this forum until all of the remaining people start pulling together and making this a functioning board, with guideline blogs and check-ins. Those are the only things that will stop the threads that you're calling MUD from being the majority of this BMB. There will be just as many then, but they won't be nearly as in your face.

Continuing this way will change nothing. It could be five years down the road, if structure isn't given back to this community, it'll look exactly like it does today.

• Options
    ara_cale said:
    I don't think it's MUD. I think these bitches are just that dumb.

YUP
    **Paraguard removed 10/30** **BFP 11/29** Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    No, trust me. We have better things to do with our lives. Everyone posting the idiot posts are just purely idiots. We stand around and laugh.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
                                         §Aug15 Siggy Challege: Favorite TV/Movie Mean Girl§
                                                           Dr.Bailey from Grey's Anatomy
  • Options
    kc525kc525 member
    edited January 2015
    Miz_Liz said:

You are making a lot of assumptions....you are assuming that I was referring to all of the "regs" that left. I never said that. You yourself admit that there were "bad apples" trying to stir shit up...and it appears that there still are. The only purpose of the original post was to raise awareness that some of the crap being posted is just that - crap...so that people don't waste their time and energy responding to it so that those who find it fun to post fake posts get bored and leave. Plain and simple. If I thought it was all of the regulars who left, I would have named names or spelled it out that way.

You absolutely did spell it out that way. You went as far as to say that it was "too much of a coincidence", and that you would think people would realize they were angry with the bump and not the posters. It wasn't plain and simple and innocent, you straight insinuated that the people who left the bump were creating fake accounts. Don't try to back peddle:
    Miz_Liz said:

Seems like too much of a coincidence that all of these start right after a lot of people left the bump - but one would like to think that people could be more adult and recognize that they were pissed at what the bump did, not the people who post here so wasting all of our time seems a silly way of "getting back" at the bump.

• Options
    I jumped ship. I swing by here to see if there is anything pertnaint or interesting.
    The "New kids" who were screaming BOO HOO, your so mean posted over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over (get my point yet) that if you had already responded and didn't want to again to "simply skip the post". Or if you essentially had nothing nice to say or contribute to the post to skip it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist (or even a fifth grader) to see the response counts have plummeted.
    I have found very little that was worth my time to comment on. I've voiced my views that it's not fair to someone searching for true info to have to dig through 50 posts on the same topic. Knowledge gets lost that way. What your left with is the repetitive, where the hell did that come from type of posts you see now. It really is sad. I liked it here. TB has some good stuff but it really is like going back to your hometown after an earthquake. This place is in shambles.
    I am truly sorry for those looking for real help and real advice. There was a wealth of knowledge here. Even if it didn't have sugar dumped on it, you were directed to the information.
  • Options
    I'm afraid to ask because I'd rather not be involved in the drama, but why did people leave the bump? I missed that. Is there something I should know about?
  • Options

Well, aren't you a peach.  I'm on both boards and have offered my support on both boards.  To assume, the folks on both are just trying to cause problems is ridiculous.  I think you are just trying to stir the pot. 

*sigh* Trollers gonna troll.

BabyFruit Ticker image

• Options
    AmyG* said:
    I'm afraid to ask because I'd rather not be involved in the drama, but why did people leave the bump? I missed that. Is there something I should know about?
    New terms of use guidelines. Followed by long term mods being IP address banned without warning for talking to their boards about it and not agreeing 100%. lots of posts deleted-most of some boards posts for several pages back deleted because users were asking questions and complaining. Most went down on parenting and ttc Boards. Lots of banning and deleting posts by bump admins know all mods will be paid people not users who are part of community. There is some more info in the bump hq board. Soooo many have left there are 6000+ over there. Most of it comes down to the bump was getting bad reviews on their app and such cause people would ask stupid questions and not get a sweet and pretty answer from the regulars and then they'd go away complaining. So the bump dumped the regulars.
    and in most cases, the regs dumped the bump.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
                                         §Aug15 Siggy Challege: Favorite TV/Movie Mean Girl§
                                                           Dr.Bailey from Grey's Anatomy
  • Options
    Um, what is a MUD post???
  • Options
    Made Up Drama
  • Options
    I just assumed some people were really dumb!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"