August 2014 Moms
Options

Cradle cap. What helps?

Anyone dealt with cradle cap? Just curious of any remedies that help.

Re: Cradle cap. What helps?

• Options
    Mustela foam shampoo. DD has had cradle cap off and on since she was born. Takes care of it every time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    My doctor have us a percripion shampoo to use twice a week

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our LO still has a little bit of it - pedi said we could try Selsun Blue Shampoo or we could wait it out, as it resolves itself as they get older. It doesn't bother us and it's not too prominent so we aren't going to try the shampoo just yet
  • Options
    Ok! :) thank you all
  • Options
    We were also told to brush his head daily with a soft baby brush to help stimulate the scalp which helps as well.
  • Options
    We brush lo's hair a lot to loosen up the dry skin, and put a little coconut oil in it. She looks like a little grease ball when I oil up her hair, so I try to do it on a day we are home or overnight.
  • Options
    We used the little brush thingy when LO was on the tubby.. But we didn't put anything on it, because we're hippies. It went away on it's own.. And LO had it pretty bad.
  • Options
    I would rub a little coconut oil on his head when he was in the tub and then a few minutes later brush it with a soft brush. Came right off :)
  • Options
    I'm a fan of coconut oil so I have some on stock. I'll have to try that out.
    Any recs on good brushes or do they all seem to be decent/same?
  • Options
    Our pedi recommended baby oil on the scalp for a few minutes before bath at night. I only had to to it twice and it cleared it up.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    I just use the soft baby bush that came in the hygiene kit :smile:
  • Options
    Ditto for PP. That's what we used :)
  • Options
    I actually use a soft toothbrush and coconut oil.
  • Options
    I use some lavender and melrose essential oils in coconut oil on my LO's head.
  • Options
    We use the brush they gave us at the hospital to wash his hair every day and we haven't had any caddle cap since it removes all dead cells and stimulated his scalp. If I see some beginning to form I just leave the shampoo a bit longer and brush a second time making sure I brush the spot where it was forming.
  • Options
    Cetaphil soap. It doesn't lather but it gets out the toughest cradle cap. My ds had a whole layer like s helmet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"