April 2014 Moms

Question game thread!

To liven things up around here!

I will post a question, and the next person who replies answers the question, and then asks a question of their own. The next person answers that question, then asks a question of their own. And so on.

Answer and ask as many times as you'd like!

Re: Question game thread!

• What did you do to celebrate becoming of legal age?
  • Teacher (and I am!)

Would you rather eat mcdonalds for every meal for the rest of your life, or only raw vegetables? With no dressings or dips.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• Loading the player...
  • Not taking separate cars when I ran errands with my parents. I thought I was going to die.

When you were 10, what did you want to be when you grew up?

Edit: clarity

I wanted to teach second grade. I ended up in Special Education instead, but mostly K-2.

If you could change one trait you view as a character flaw, what would it be?
    Carolyn (33) & Steve (33) Married 1/28/12 DS 4/16/14 BFP 9/13/15~Due 5/20/16
  • BADASBKRCKBADASBKRCK member
    edited January 2015
    Double post. Sorry.

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• quote fail

McDonalds. I am a terrible person, I know.

Throwback to an earlier unanswered question. How old were you when you lost your virginity?

• @badasbkrck I was 19 and it was DH (we were dating)

What is one thing you regret during the birth of your LO?

FEELS
  • I regret not taking more pictures. I would actually like some of labor and definitely more of his first moments. Oh well.

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
  • elyse4281 said:
    I regret not taking more pictures. I would actually like some of labor and definitely more of his first moments. Oh well. What would you do for a Klondike bar?
    I was actually thinking the same thing.  I don't have a picture of that moment of pure relief and joy when he entered the world and they put him on my chest.  I wish I did.

I would do anything ridiculous as long as it were safe for a klondike bar.  Chug milk, bark like a dog, dress up in a horrible outfit, read terrible poetry....

What would be your best birthday?  If you could pick the celebration/presents/etc
  • What would be your best birthday? If you could pick the celebration/presents/etc

The past couple of years my birthday has fallen during our vacation at the family cottage and I love it! We're those assholes lighting off fireworks on a random Tuesday over the lake and then it's beer by the campfire.

What was your favourite childhood TV show?
  • Favorite childhood TV show was Roseanne. I can remember watching if with my mom and just laughing hysterically.

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do?

One of my bucket list dream vacations that will actually probably happen is a house boat trip to Lake Powell. I've only visited for day trips or beach camping.

What is your best personality trait?

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• I'm easily amused. I laugh all the time at everything.

What do find the most attractive of your SO?
  • I love my DH's smile! He has such a genuine smile that is very captivating!

Do you like your name or wish you could change it?
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Miranda Lambert. Country music fanatic and she's just so awesome!

If you could have ANY animal as a pet what would it be?
  • I think it would be awesome to have a horse. I would love to live on a ranch in the mountains and spend all day riding the trails.

What one item would you buy next if money were no issue?
  • I would love to meet my husbands mom. She passed away when he was 3 years old. And I would love for her to meet LO too.

What is your biggest phobia?
  • Spiderwebs. Yeah, not spiders, I like spiders. Weird, I know.

Do you wish you had a baby of the opposite gender?

• Spiderwebs. Yeah, not spiders, I like spiders. Weird, I know.

Do you wish you had a baby of the opposite gender?

No, I love being a momma to girls. I think there would be plenty of fun raising a boy, too, but I don't feel I'm missing out.

Who was your childhood celebrity crush?

**new RE**

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Keanu Reeves. I loved the movie Speed.

As a child and now did/do you prefer the company of your mother or your father?
  • As a child I preferred my dad because my mom and I butted heads. But now I love being around either (though dad has a very special place in my heart since I'm the only girl with 5 brothers).

Favorite non alcoholic drink?

~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Watermelon. (Does that count as healthy? )

How many bedrooms is your house?
  • Married 7 years next month.

If you could live in any state, which one would you choose?
  • Colorado.

Toilet paper: over the top or under?

• Over.

Men with beards, hot or not?
  • So hot! Not long puffy ones though, just short, neat ones.

What's a movie you can watch over and over?
    Carolyn (33) & Steve (33) Married 1/28/12 DS 4/16/14 BFP 9/13/15~Due 5/20/16
  • JWest07 said:

Over.

Men with beards, hot or not?

Not at all hot.

Smooth or crunchy peanut butter?
  • Greek islands. Favorite single fast food item?
  • McDonalds french fries.

How have you most surprised yourself as a parent?
  • JWest07 said:
    McDonalds french fries. How have you most surprised yourself as a parent?

Acers said:
     What was the runner up for LO's name? Would it have been weird if your child had that name? ETA: apparently I replied to the last one from a different page or something? And it won't let me put a space between paragraphs. Stop it Capitol!!
    I have been surprised by my not being bothered by spit up, puke, poop and other bodily nasitness.  I am realizing though that my anxiety is much higher than I ever thought. It stresses me to the max when my babies are crying or won't sleep.

Runner up names included Charlotte & Brogan. I still like both of them, but we definitely picked the right names for our girls (Sasha and Ellie). I can't imagine calling them something else.

What is the most frightening experience you've had?

**new RE**

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• The day before DS was born my doctor told me about late term losses and how he was glad that I was in their office on Tuesday because Saturday might have been too late.  I was so so so relieved that DS was okay.  I have never been more scared in my life. 

Aaaand on a lighter note, what's your favorite breakfast item? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Does coffee count?!

What does SO do/not do that annoys you around the house?
  • He is the one that takes the trash out and he waits until it is practically overflowing. Drives me crazy!!

Favorite time of day?
  • I like early mornings if I don't have to be anywhere. I like the relaxed coziness of pjs, coffee, breakfast, and reading or watching tv (or bumping, haha).

What and where was the best meal you ever had?
  • This past summer my dad and uncle fried up some fish they caught and it was amazing. Melt in your mouth fresh goodness.

What is your favourite pair of shoes that you own and why?
  • My legit cowboy boots (for riding horses, not fashion).

Are you a woman who is likes spending time with friends in large groups, or do you prefer to be with you friends one-on-one?
  • I'm definitely a one-on-one fan. I get easily overwhelmed in large groups and end up feeling like I didn't really spend quality time with anyone.

What is your favorite season and why?
  • I'm definitely a one-on-one fan. I get easily overwhelmed in large groups and end up feeling like I didn't really spend quality time with anyone.

What is your favorite season and why?

Fall! Love all the colors and it's perfect weather to be outside.

If you could trade places with any celebrity for a day, who would it be and why?
  • Porsche 911 Turbo

Lucy or Ethel?

• Ethel.

Favorite way to spend a Friday evening?
  • Curled up on the couch, watching "Grimm" with DH, with wine, and DD sound asleep.

What is your biggest fear?

TTC #1 since 2011

Me: 36, anovulatory PCOS; DH: 34, fine

Sophia Juliet conceived through IVF and born April 15, 2014

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • JWest07JWest07 member
    edited January 2015
    Sometimes I feel like I am living my biggest fear. H and I decided to have children, but my father died shortly after DS1 was born. Shortly after DS2 was born my mother was diagnosed with incurable cancer. My parents were wonderful parents, my father was my favorite person in the world. I never thought I would have to raise young children without them.

What is your favorite thing about yourself physically and personality wise?

Eta: FWP right? I realize there are far greater things to be scared of...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"