2nd Trimester
Options

"Baking soda gender test"?

So I was looking around online the other day and came across what's called the Baking Soda Gender Test. You put two tablespoons of baking soda in a disposable plastic cup and pee in it and supposedly if it bubbles or fizzes your baby is a boy and if it's flat it's a girl. I did it out of curiousity and just for fun and it suggested that our baby could be a boy. I have my anatomy scan on February 4th so I don't know the sex of my baby yet. Have any of you ever done it before? Kinda curious to see a show of hands of how accurate this is (I know nothing is more accurate than seeing your baby at birth, again, just for fun)

....................................................................................................................................... 

Big Sister Piper

Born at 37 weeks, strong NICU survivor

Friday, November 13th, 2009, 7:17 AM

Baby Brother Link

Born sleeping at 19 weeks with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus

Sunday, March 2nd, 2014, 7:27 PM

.......................................................................................................................................

Re: "Baking soda gender test"?

• Options
    It's totes for realz!!!! Skip the ultra sound! It's a boy!!! Yay!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Angel baby 3/2014 at 5.5 weeks
    Angel baby 6/2014 MMC at 7.5 weeks
  • Options
    Worked for me!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Chinese birthing calanders, wedding ring tests and heart rate rhythms also are accurate ways of knowing the sex of the baby :p

I am relying on my crystal ball and tarot cards personally

• Options
    I am having a girl. The Chinese birth chart was correct!
  • Options
    My crystal ball say s wait until the anatomy scan when you find out the health of your baby and possibly the sex of your child.
    As for gender you will have to wait for a few years to see which gender your child identifies with.
  • Options

The testing of an old wives tale is where the fun is otherwise why would anyone ever use the wedding ring test or the Chinese birth chart. Geez, people take things so seriously. I'm not about to cancel my doctor appointments and start predicting my child's life with a crystal ball. Guess some Can't have any fun with their pregnancies.

We just don't give a shit about what happens when you pee on various things.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We have been doing all the old wives tales too, it's really fun to see what they come up with. Chinese prediction says boy, Ramzi theory says boy, wedding ring, cravings etc say girl.... We don't want to know what we are having so will have to wait and see!
  • Options

The testing of an old wives tale is where the fun is otherwise why would anyone ever use the wedding ring test or the Chinese birth chart. Geez, people take things so seriously. I'm not about to cancel my doctor appointments and start predicting my child's life with a crystal ball. Guess some Can't have any fun with their pregnancies.

Fun to share with your family.

• Options

So I was looking around online the other day and came across what's called the Baking Soda Gender Test. You put two tablespoons of baking soda in a disposable plastic cup and pee in it and supposedly if it bubbles or fizzes your baby is a boy and if it's flat it's a girl. I did it out of curiousity and just for fun and it suggested that our baby could be a boy. I have my anatomy scan on February 4th so I don't know the sex of my baby yet. Have any of you ever done it before? Kinda curious to see a show of hands of how accurate this is (I know nothing is more accurate than seeing your baby at birth, again, just for fun)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I legit just pissed on baking soda. It fizzed, the last time I checks boys don't have ovaries so I can promise you it's bull
  • Options
    I personally think the wivestales are fun, but mine all pointed one way when the sex ended up being the other. But, when you don't know yet, playing games to "guess" are fun. At least to me. And obviously you find them fun as well. To each their own. Not everyone is going to have the same idea of fun, and that's totally okay. That's what makes everyone different and makes life more interesting.
  • Options
    pitzerjk said:

People! If your idea of fun is different than someone else's, don't hypothetically piss all over their fun just because you think differently and want to be a stick in the mud. Lighten up.

To the author - I'm also not too far away from my midway ultrasound and am also on pins and needles! Maybe I'll try it for fun too and report back. Fun fun fun fun fun! Weeeee!

I personally have loved all of the peeing in cups and blood tests that this experience requires. And if you don't understand sarcasm then just keep scrolling.

Actually, internet stranger, you don't get to dictate how we reply to this.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    pitzerjk said:
    People! If your idea of fun is different than someone else's, don't hypothetically piss all over their fun just because you think differently and want to be a stick in the mud. Lighten up. To the author - I'm also not too far away from my midway ultrasound and am also on pins and needles! Maybe I'll try it for fun too and report back. Fun fun fun fun fun! Weeeee! I personally have loved all of the peeing in cups and blood tests that this experience requires. And if you don't understand sarcasm then just keep scrolling.
    Maybe you should take your own advice. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    pitzerjk said:
    People! If your idea of fun is different than someone else's, don't hypothetically piss all over their fun just because you think differently and want to be a stick in the mud. Lighten up. To the author - I'm also not too far away from my midway ultrasound and am also on pins and needles! Maybe I'll try it for fun too and report back. Fun fun fun fun fun! Weeeee! I personally have loved all of the peeing in cups and blood tests that this experience requires. And if you don't understand sarcasm then just keep scrolling.
    Maybe telling people how dumb they are is how I have fun, who are you to piss in my Cheerios? 
  • Options
    I have honestly never heard of any of these wives tales until I joined the bump...they all seem a little ridiculous and this one in particular seems unsanitary...but that's just me.
  • Options
    NagaWater said:

pitzerjk said:

People! If your idea of fun is different than someone else's, don't hypothetically piss all over their fun just because you think differently and want to be a stick in the mud. Lighten up.

To the author - I'm also not too far away from my midway ultrasound and am also on pins and needles! Maybe I'll try it for fun too and report back. Fun fun fun fun fun! Weeeee!

I personally have loved all of the peeing in cups and blood tests that this experience requires. And if you don't understand sarcasm then just keep scrolling.

Maybe telling people how dumb they are is how I have fun, who are you to piss in my Cheerios? 

Last I checked we were supposed to piss in your baking soda, not your cheerios
  • Options
    mandi195 said:

NagaWater said:

pitzerjk said:

Last I checked we were supposed to piss in your baking soda, not your cheerios

No no no, I'M supposed to piss in the baking soda. Otherwise how will we know what I'M having. Gosh, it's really simple ladies.
  • Options
    NagaWaterNagaWater member
    edited January 2015
    AmyG* said:

If the baking soda fizzes it means you are peeing vinegar and you should probably have that checked by your doctor. It doesn't sound healthy at all to piss vinegar.

Actually any acid will make baking soda fizz.
    And people's urine changes PH based on what they eat, medications they are on, and medical problems they may be experiencing.
    Also your FMU is usually more acidic due to decreased pulmonary ventilation causing respiratory acidosis during sleep.

So sorry, but no.

And you may be totally sarcastic in your response. If so I apologize, I took all my medicine already tonight and I'm not doing very good on registering the sarcasm anymore.
  • Options
    I got pee on my hand.  Twins?  
  • Options
    I peed on baking soda and it turned into sparkles. I think I'm having a unicorn!image
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    What's the reaction supposed to be if you piss in the Cheerios? Because if those fizz, I'd say get rid of your Cheerios, right stat now.
  • Options

Jesus, people are so cranky on here. She said it was just for fun. If her question bothers you, DON'T ANSWER IT.

Why are you pulling up an old thread?
    Finally! My September Siggy Challenge: TV Show I'll Be Binge Watching
    REVENGE!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic"

• Options
    All a farce. I did it side by side with my pregnant friend and he's said clear as day a girl but she's having a boy. Mine said clear as day a boy- I'll find out on March 2!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"