April 2014 Moms
Options

Gates and cages oh my!

trying to figure out what kind of gate would be best for our stairs, since we don't have 2 walls or thick banisters. help!!

Re: Gates and cages oh my!

• Options
    My sister's stairs are a similar setup.My dad installed a gate that he directly mounted to the metal banister thing. Sorry I don't have any pics or more details.

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Loading the player...
  • Options

The bottom of our stairs is tricky, so we put gates in all of the doorways which lead to the foyer, basically keeping LO in the LR, FR, Kitchen area and unable to get anywhere near the bottom of the steps.

At the top, instead of going directly across the top of the steps, we put the gate in the hallway near the top of the steps.  We have a wooden banister to screw the gate into though - I am not sure if ther are any gates that can fasten into a metal railing like that.  I am just saying - maybe think outside the box to block off somewhere upstairs that will keep her from getting anywhere near the steps.

And if not, at least upstairs you can keep bedroom doors closed to keep her from wandering the hall.

• Options
    Drill some holes in and bolt that bad boy to the banister. Checked with my dad and that was how he mounted it.

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Options
    I think we are going to do pressure mount gates in the doorways of the bedrooms upstairs. For the bottom of the stairs, I think we are going to have to zip tie, or get one of the gates that can be used in different configurations and make it in a U shape to be against the walls. We rent, so I can't drill or bolt anything. (i'm still mad we didn't move before she was born)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"