February 2015 Moms

Sunny Side Up

Hi mamas,
So at my last check-up, OB told me that baby had moved into a posterior position. I know he still has a couple of weeks to turn (I'm 37 wks) or that he may turn when labour starts. I was just wondering if any moms on here have had a posterior baby? What was your personal experience? Did baby turn on time? If not, were you able to have a VB? Did you try any exercises to turn baby? Did the midwife try to turn him during L&D? Did you have back labour?

For the past 10 days or so, I've had dull cramping in my back. OB said it was most likely contractions as my cervix is completely effaced. This may seem dumb, but I'm worried that I won't be able to monitor my contractions correctly as the pain is pretty much constant, compared to the BH I experienced when baby was anterior! I know people say when labour starts "you just know". Just wondering how things went for you.
TIA! :)

Re: Sunny Side Up

• My daughter was posterior and I had back labor with her. Early on I couldn't tell I was having contractions, but as they got stronger I could definitely feel them. I had a long labor, but was able to have her vaginally. It's no fun, but nothing to really stress over.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Feb'15 November Siggy Challenge:
  • Thanks @HailsMom‌ the back pain is already quite intense so not looking forward to when it kicks up a notch! All for the good cause I guess!
  • Loading the player...
  • There's a lot of info on google about this, a lot of babies will turn during the labor process and 2/3 of babies born posterior weren't in the posterior position to start with. A posterior baby is not actually related to back labor, or so I've read.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Check out www.spinningbabies.com there is lots of great info on there. I've been doing some things on there in hopes of flipping my breech little man.
  • Ds1 was posterior and remained that way during delivery because it ended up being an emergency situation for unrelated reasons. Typically, the doctor will turn them during delivery. I did have pretty intense back labor though.
    "Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight."
    BabyFruit Ticker}
    BFP #1: 6/10/11 Natural m/c 6/20/11
    BFP #2: 8/30/11 Vanishing Twin diagnosed at 8 weeks, DS born 5/6/12 
    BFP #3: 5/24/14 stick, baby, stick! Beta 1 (16dpo): 645, Beta 2 (18dpo): 1652
    Heartbeat 179 at 8w5d grow, baby, grow!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yes I've been trying spinning babies too, I hope LO flips for you @lk2200214‌ !
    Yes there is a lot of info available, some of it conflicting so it's nice to hear from real mamas. Everyone's experiences can be so different! Thanks for sharing.
  • DD was a posterior baby. They didn't know until I was in labor but they let me push. After the 2nd push she flipped and I was able to have a successful vaginal delivery. What helped was my midwife had me push while on all fours. DD flipped after that. With her I had back labor. The only issue DD had after birth was her little lips were swollen and she had a little bit of fluid in her lungs. All of that cleared up within a couple days!
  • Yes I've been hanging over a birthing ball, the couch and on all fours since I found out, it also eases the back pain! Your sister is right, my job is quite sedentary and in the evenings I'd be so wrecked that I'd recline on the sofa. I wish I'd known this wasn't best for LO's positioning. Looking back I should have guessed he was posterior cos I could feel his little fingers and toes squirming against my belly :smile: Hope your app goes well @maasybaby‌ and thanks for sharing @sleepymama29‌ was worried that delivery would be too traumatic for this little guy!
  • They told me this LO is sunny side up as well. I have been getting period like cramps though.  I'm not too worried about it. My Dr said she may turn during labor and I plan on the epidural anyway. Hopefully everything will go smoothly.
    imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @maasybaby‌ Aww this little guy was always sideways til now! Keep faceplanting your birthing ball, in a few weeks we can go back to guilt-free reclining! ;)
    @srcr2011‌ yep I'm pretty sure I'll go for the epidural too anyway. Was a bit iffy but back has been killing me so I think I'll try anything! Will stay calm and see how things go. My OB didn't seem that concerned - but then he's not the one who'll be in labour! ;)

• poopylove said:
    @maasybaby‌ Aww this little guy was always sideways til now! Keep faceplanting your birthing ball, in a few weeks we can go back to guilt-free reclining! ;)@srcr2011‌ yep I'm pretty sure I'll go for the epidural too anyway. Was a bit iffy but back has been killing me so I think I'll try anything! Will stay calm and see how things go. My OB didn't seem that concerned - but then he's not the one who'll be in labour! ;)
    I really didn't think much of it. I knew SSU caused painful back labor, but the more I googled, I'm a little freaked. I'm going to bring this up again to my Dr tomorrow. If he is still not concerned, I won't be either, and just stay away from google.

imageimageimage

Married 8/22/09
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @srcr2011‌ Agreed! I knew about some of the complications already but when I googled it I did get a little anxious...as I said people seem to have very different experiences so let's stay positive ;) If he hasn't changed position by my next app, I will ask my OB more detailed questions about where he stands on long labour, CS, ventouse etc... Most babies will turn so no point in worrying for nothing! Hope your app goes well tmw!
  • My first was posterior until after my first push and she flipped around. I had back labor, it hurt, but wasn't the end of the world. I did have a hard time telling when I was having a contraction because my back hurt so much. It wasn't until I was in transistion that I even believed I was in labor!
  • My first was posterior until after my first push and she flipped around. I had back labor, it hurt, but wasn't the end of the world. I did have a hard time telling when I was having a contraction because my back hurt so much. It wasn't until I was in transistion that I even believed I was in labor!

That's exactly how I feel @sunshine525‌! I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually!!

• poopylove said:
    @srcr2011‌ Agreed! I knew about some of the complications already but when I googled it I did get a little anxious...as I said people seem to have very different experiences so let's stay positive ;) If he hasn't changed position by my next app, I will ask my OB more detailed questions about where he stands on long labour, CS, ventouse etc... Most babies will turn so no point in worrying for nothing! Hope your app goes well tmw!
    thank you! I hope your LO turns too! It's a little freaky!
    imageimageimage

Married 8/22/09
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Yeah! DH didn't get why I was anxious coming out of our app cos OB was pretty casual about it, then he googled it and was like, oh..!
  • I turned my op baby just last night! I physically felt him turn it was such a relief as I had backaches and prodermal labor for two day because of his postion. Spinning babies.com
    Helped I just leaned over on the counter and bent one leg then the other in a figure 8 postion and he rotated!! I was so happy and it feels so much better. Check it out and good luck!
  • So when I woke up this morning, I noticed the shape of my bump was really weird compared to usual. LO had been squirming about ALL night long. I got up and could feel his little back and butt cheeks in the right position! Yay! Poor little guy must have been working on getting in position all night! I feel so relieved. The constant back pain was really wearing me out. He's dropped a bit lower now too and I feel so light and in great shape compared to the last couple of weeks. Today is a good day! :smiley:
    Now fingers crossed he stays this way!
  • I didn't get a heads up on most recent dd being sunny side until we were in a very slow progressing labor and being augmented with pitocin. I won't lie, the back labor was intense and I went for the epidural. Pushing was incredibly slow and uncomfortable, but I was able to deliver vaginally with only a small, 1st degree tear. If lo doesn't turn, you can deliver , just make sure to communicate with your OB and play the pain management by ear according to what your body and baby's stats are telling you.
  • Yeah so pretty sure LO has flipped again...sigh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"