Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Painful nights

During the day my LO is not fussy at all. I breastfeed him, try to burp him (but hardly ever get a burp out of him) and he basically sleeps unril his next feeding, unless a messy or wet diaper wakes him. Occasionally he'll even stay awake and just hang out with us. Some evenings he gets fussy or has a 3-4 hour spell of cluster feeding .it generally happens sometime between 6pm and midnight. One thing that always occurs, every night, between 1am to 4am is my LO gets serious gas. Not burps. His digestive system starts churning. We can hear and feel gas moving inside him and it hurts him, a lot. He will scream and wail from the pain as he tries to fart it out. He will fart many times, mess his diaper, but it never goes away until about 4am. We have tried an otc gas medicine, some nights it seems to help, other nights it does nothing. I cut dairy out of my diet as of yesterday, and i avoid caffiene. I do drink caffiene free pepsi or water. Mainly pepsi with meals, water the rest of the day. My husband and i will bring this up with the pediatrician at this weeks appointment, but in the mean time we are at our wits end. My husband feels bad because he can't make the pain go away, and neither of us are sleeping because we have to hold him all night. Holding him will quiet him down eventually but within minutes of putting him back down in his crib he starts flailing and trying to pass gas and cries in pain. Any advice? Have you gone through this?

Re: Painful nights

• Options
    Try lying him on his left side in the crib with a rolled up towel to keep him there. It helps the gas move through a little bit. Or try to elevates his head somehow. I've been told using a swing or cardeat where LO is inclined helps them sleep at least. And the side lying is something I've always been told to do for upset tummies even in adults.
  • Options
    Have you tried a Rock n Play? My LO sleeps in one. And another thing could be reflux. Our 3rd daughter would pitch a fit at night and arch her back. Found out it was silent reflux. Hope you find some relief for you anf your LO.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same issue hear my LO is 6 weeks today and we have had the screaming cluster feeds from 6pm until 11 every night then up at 2or 3 I started doing the bycycle with her legs often during the day and this has helped. My LO also has the issue with being hard to burp so I try to pay her back multiple times during feeding and for 10min after our nights have been getting better. Good luck!
  • Options
    My LC let me know that it takes your body 10 days to fully rid itself of dairy...I had no idea! She says people start seeing some difference the first week but report a totally different kid a after 2 weeks. There is hope!
  • Options

Our son is always gassy but no relux issues. We put him in a rock and play to sleep and if he wakes with gas issues i take my thumb and index finger and go from his chest to his hips up and down about 10 times with pressure. its like a tummy massage. he will continue to kick and be a smidge uncomfortable but then the adult toots start and he is fine. this of course works for us. No guarantee it would for you but if i had to be awake for a 3 hour stretch in the middle of the night i would try anything! Good luck!

• Options
    I use gripe water, works like a charm.
  • Options
    The bicycle exercise can help break gas free. Gently move legs in a circular motion. Or a gentle belly massage. Good luck.
  • Options
    With DD1 I got rid of all dairy and gassy foods like beans etc and after a week or so we saw a marked improvement. No more cranky gassy fits, throwing up, and tummy aches. Good luck

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"