Baby Showers
Options

Shower party favors?

I am hosting a baby shower for my sister and while looking on Pinterest at themes and getting ideas I came across party favors for baby showers. I hadn't thought of this and don't recall having any at showers I've been to (very few). Is this a new thing? Are little favors expected? I will buy a few prizes for games we will play. Prize and favor suggestions are appreciated please.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Shower party favors?

• Options
    edited January 2015
    You can go to Home Goods and get a couple of pretty bowls/ decorations to give away as prizes. For favors you can do little hand soaps or candles. My mom did that for my bridal shower and for a relative's baby shower and everyone loved the favors. You can also do chocolates or some kind of sweets as a favor. Something edible is always a great idea!

edited for spelling
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh wow @Bliss+Berry‌ made the cut! ;) But yeah i agree edible is a good way to go for favors if you want to do them, but I don't think favors are really necessary, especially if no one else in your circle does them. People gave you some decent suggestions for prizes, but if you want something easy that people will actually use, you can always go with gift cards to cheap places like Starbucks, Panera, Dunkin Donuts, etc.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! I think I'll do little chocolates or mints and make cute labels for them for favors and I like the idea of gift cards for prizes! Way useful and easy!
  • Options
    Thanks! I think I'll do little chocolates or mints and make cute labels for them for favors and I like the idea of gift cards for prizes! Way useful and easy!
    Just a thought, you can also do personalized M&M's for the favors. They have tons of cute ideas on their website: https://www.mymms.com

I also love the gift cards as prizes!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I actually prefer an edible favor, as it doesn't leave me with another tiny trinket or keepsake that I have to find room for... or reluctantly throw away at some future date.

I have done favors at every shower I've hosted, but honestly, if I went to a shower and there weren't favors given out, I probably wouldn't even notice.  I say keep the favor small and simple.

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    I was given a little trinket at the last shower I went to. I threw it away. It was like a tiny candle and some perfumed lotion maybe? I can't quite remember. 

At another shower there was no favors, and I didn't miss them. They did provide alcohol and lots of food though. I much preferred this one. 

My hostess has shown me pictures of possible favors for my shower. One of them was a bag of trail mix, with cute wrappings, and another was a bird feeder. The theme is forest/woodland. 

I would go low-key on favors, and if you can't think of anything just skip them. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    At my cousins shower they made up a recipe book of all our families favorite recipes for each guest as favors.
  • Options
    I don't think you have to give favors, it's just a nice thing. I'd much prefer edible favors. A friend of mine saved baby food jars from other friends and made a pink sugar scrub to put in them and had a cute label. I actually used the scrub and loved it. She got it from Pinterest.
  • Options
    For my sister in laws baby shower it was around Mother's Day and we found small pocket hand sanitizer from bath and body works that had "mom" sayings on them and that was the favor we gave out w a short poem attached... It was usefu and not a junk drawer item like most favors
  • Options
    My sister made sugar scrubs for all the guests. She had labels saying "From our shower to yours" and blue ribbons tied around each jar. Very cute. People really liked them.
  • Options
    Thanks! Sugar scrubs are a cute idea but we are already going with chocolates. The guest list has gotten out if control. Up to 40 people now. I don't have that much money or free time.
  • Options
    Thanks! Sugar scrubs are a cute idea but we are already going with chocolates. The guest list has gotten out if control. Up to 40 people now. I don't have that much money or free time.
    Same boat, so far 40 RSVPed, with loads more to come I'm sure as the invites just went out last week.
  • Options
    My MIL gave everyone heart shaped measuring spoons, which I thought were adorable.
  • Options
    I found this on Pinterest! I love it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"