March 2015 Moms

Bedrest ?/help please

I'm on my 9th week of bed-rest and when I get up I have red blotchy legs and numbness and tingling in both legs and feet. I'm miserable and wonder if anyone has had this while on bed-rest. And now it's happening while lying down and not going away at all. I've been wearing ted hoses to help with circulation. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. I'm really scared!

Re: Bedrest ?/help please

• Go to the ER, not to strangers on a forum.
  • Talk to your doc. He will probably do an ultrasound to check for blood clots. And do it asap those things can dislodge and travel up into your lungs.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was on bed rest with my first for a few weeks towards the end of pregnancy, but I never experienced anything like this.  I'd call your doctor as soon as possible to discuss.  A possible blood clot/circulation issue requires immediate medical attention.  Good luck and hope everything is okay.  
  • Wow!! You stooped real low on that one and on judgement day that will be between you and big Man upstairs his name is God in case you don't know his name. I'll be praying for you!! So very sad!!!
  • Thanks for all the positive comments and to the others you need to get a bible and start reading!! May God bless each and everyone one of y'all! My doctor is aware of situation but when you are having premature labor you have to weigh the benefits vs the risks. I have my doctorate and have very good common sense and I also have a form of respect to others in which some of you on this posting need to LEARN!!!!!!!!

#1 You have no common sense at all if you are asking strangers without s medical degree to answer a medical question sight unseen.

#2 Did you get your doctorates from a Cracker Jack box because I had to pass a graduate writing exam and your spelling would have never cut it?
  • Thanks for all the positive comments and to the others you need to get a bible and start reading!! May God bless each and everyone one of y'all! My doctor is aware of situation but when you are having premature labor you have to weigh the benefits vs the risks. I have my doctorate and have very good common sense and I also have a form of respect to others in which some of you on this posting need to LEARN!!!!!!!!

I'm confused? Why ask a forum of strangers with no medical degree or training if your doctor is already aware of the situation? If you really are on bedrest, your doctor should have you using the air casts that massage your legs - it aids with circulation and decreases your risk of blood clots.

Congratulations on the doctorate!

Say a special prayer for your health and baby while you pray for all the crazies on the Internet.

Namaste.
  • I wish the admins would stop deleting comments that they simply don't like. If they think the comments violate TOU I'd think we would at least be getting warnings when deletion happens.

Oh, silly me. That would make sense and we all know The Dump doesn't have any.

Have fun with your dramatic drop in posting activity, Dump. I wonder what your advertisers think of that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"