Trouble TTC

Newbie Intro

Hi Everyone,
I joined the bump years ago when I first started TTC in Sept 2012. DH and I took a couple of little breaks in there, but two years worth of trying nonetheless. I know you can see a doctor after one year of trying. I think I thought we just needed a little more time, then the longer it went I was terrified something was really wrong.

Jump forward to a few days ago, I went to the OB / GYN, and I was diagnosed with PCOS. It was a lot of information very quickly, and very overwhelming. Husband will be doing a semen analysis soon, and if that comes back ok, will be going back in March to start Clomid.

All of this is new to me, but gathering a ton from lurking. Advice from those with PCOS and/or folks who have taken Clomid before is much appreciated. Thanks and good luck to you all!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Newbie Intro

• Hi @stinisewsalot. I would go to an RE for proper monitoring. My only advice is to take it at night. My major side effect was hot flashes- they got really bad once I stair stepped from 50 mg to 100 mg. Also, I know it's easier said than done, but be patient- sometimes you've got to wait for it to work longer than you thought. Definitely make sure you're monitored closely during the process. Good luck!

Me (28)- PCOS, no natural cycle since stopping BC pills in 2013
    DH (29)- SA= all good
    Married since March 2013 (together since 2004) + TTC since April 2013

Provera 12/13, 6/14, 8/14, 10/ 14, 12/14

Clomid 50 mg 12/14- no follicles big enough, stair stepped with Clomid 100 mg (1 follicle 22/25 mm) + Ovidrel trigger shot 1/15- BFN

Clomid 150 mg 1/15- no follicles responding- repeated 150 mg + Ovidrel trigger shot + IUI- BFP 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks for the advice! It is tough to be patient, but I understand it is a process, possibly a long one, and I just have to stick it out til the end. I've noticed a lot of the folks on the board recommending REs. My concern would be the expense. I imagine they are more expensive to see than the OB/GYN. I'm not sure what my insurance would cover, but I'll check into it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"