Multiples
Options

FTM 7 wks suprised by twins...help me not freak out!

Hi! I'm FTM 7 wks expecting twins! Very suprised since was told I'd need IVF but we conceived on our own and got blessed with fraternal twins. I'm super excited but so nervous. Really want to enjoy the present but can't stop thinking about how I'm going to carry the two. I'm 5'2" and have a pretty demanding job and on my feet a lot. Moving next week and will have a long commute too. Is it really tough carrying 2??

Re: FTM 7 wks suprised by twins...help me not freak out!

• Options
    Wow! No IVF!! And you got twins! Congratulations! :) My husband and I were told that we were lucky to have our first (who is now 4.5). He had less than 50% chance to have children due to a severe accident when he was a teen, I was also diagnosed with a large cyst on my ovary and one of my fallopian tubes were blocked. 3 weeks later I found out I was pregnant, with twins. My reaction was a little like yours (I cant freak out! Lol) I am now 28 weeks pregnant, still working (part time) BUT I am also 5'11. I do know a friend that carried twins and was about 5'6 and she worked until 30 wks and had no problem carrying. She had 7 lbs babies :)

With my experience, twins are challenging to carry for sure! Its hard to compare because like I said you are 5'2, I am 5'11 and we may have completely different pregnancies. I just make sure I do everything my OB tells me to do to make it as safe as possible! Good luck to you and once again, Congratulations! ;)
  • Options
    Congrats! Every regnancy is different but like pp said talk to your doctor. I am 5'7 with a larger build and by 34 weeks I was beyond miserable!!!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on the twins!! I am 5'2 and 22 weeks pregnant and I can tell you that I am winded and tired a lot sooner than I was with my singleton.  I have had pretty bad leg cramps for a while and need to stretch while at work.  I do work full time but am not on my feet all day.  Carrying two is much different than a single but as previous posters said listen to your body.  I am going to start 2 week visits soon and I am sure we will discuss my driving to work at some point and that it might be something I would want to consider stopping the closer to the end I get. Your OB should be keeping a close eye on you.  
  • Options
    cls78cls78 member
    edited January 2015
    I am around 5"7/5"8 prepregnancy weight 130 and have been very lucky with my IVF twin pregnancy. I am 37 weeks this week and still carrying. I have been a little more uncomfortable and get worn out a little easier the last couple of weeks, but nothing unbearable. I have had no Braxton Hicks, little to no swelling and my OB told me that I am having a nice text book pregnancy. The only thing I am worried about right now is getting induced vs going into labor on my own! Everyone is different, but it is possible to have a uncomplicated twin pregnancy. Good luck!

Edited to add: Being on your feet a lot you are most likely to feel worn out much sooner. Make sure to take a easy when you feel worn down.
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    It can be really tough to carry two (or more) regardless of your build. Go ahead and freak out some, we all did. Everything will work out though and soon you'll be on top of it all :)
    no day but today~ RENT  *HEG survivors*
    ::where a sig pic would go if TB wasn't a d*ck::
     Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Been there, done that! I was like a crazy person when we found out it was 2 - very emptional. 

I am 5'3" and carried them like a champ. It was uncomfortable, no lie, but I didn't have anything bad happen and my body adjusted well. But delivering them felt really good on my spine!!! 
    ********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    My doc always says, "listen to your body". Best advice ever. It's rough carrying 2 (or more), I would suggest getting a belly support band because gravity really is the enemy with pregnancy. I'm 32 weeks and have had no complications....but super duper uncomfortable. I've pretty much put myself on bedrest because I am tuned in to what my body needs. You will do great! I'm 5'5" with a small build.
  • Options

Congrats! I was shocked to find out we were pregnant since we needed fertility for our second baby and then I was diagnosed with cancer- so not thinking we could get preggo. Then to get pregnant with two! I was honestly a little sad cause we were completely done having kids in our minds. Now I am almost 36 weeks and cannot wait to meet my two little men! The adjustment takes awhile but it happens!

About carrying. I am 5'5 and medium build when I got pregnant. I will say this has been tougher carrying wise than my first two singleton pregnancies. I am more winded. Harder to stand up and heartburn has sucked! However- I am not nearly as uncomfortable as I expected. It hasn't been a super difficult pregnancy- just had to adjust my expectations. I did quit my job mid second trimester cause I was really sick (and luckily we do not rely on my income)

Married to Lee since 9/2/2000

Momma to Hais November 2002 and Carter April 2010 (with use of fertility treatments)

Cancer Survivor

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"