March 2015 Moms
Options

Baby movement

I know towards the end of pregnancy babies movement starts to slow down in general but when exactly is that ? I'll be 31 weeks tomorrow and normally baby girl is constantly moving but yesterday only a little and today I've only felt her like once ... I hate worrying for no reason so wondering if this is normal or something to really worry about

Re: Baby movement

• Options
    If you have really only felt her once today after concentrating on her, I would call the doctor right away. Have you drank cold water, laid on your left side and ate something sweet?
    MMC and subsequent DNC at 9 weeks in July 2013
    Currently Pregnant due on March 15, 2015

image<~img SRC="http://i60.tinypic.com/125kfnn.jpg[/" /img>

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the link :) I tried google before this I posted here to get feedback from other mothers who are at the same stage in pregnancy as I am ... I know none of you are doctors just wanted to know if anyone else experienced it and what their situation is
  • Options
    My experience was that I Googled my questions and then called my doctor. Both eased my mind. I figured since my doctor had gone through years and years of education to know these answers and be certified in taking care of me and my baby, I would go ahead and trust her and move on, not go on a forum to ask those same questions again. But that was just MY experience....
  • Options
    Babies slowing down at the end is a myth. Their movements might be less wild as they are more squished but they should remain just as active.
    Try drinking a glass of very cold water and some orange juice or something else sugary and lie down in your side and concentrate. If she doesn't respond I would go to the hospital immediately to be checked out. Always always better safe than sorry.
  • Options
    Call the doctor and go to the hospital right now if you haven't felt baby all day. Not feeling baby isn't an unreasonable time to worry.
  • Options
    baileysbabybaileysbaby member
    edited January 2015
    Thanks so much to the wonderful women with something positive to say and to those with the sarcastic opinion/experiences also thanks ... I'm currently in L&D now being monitored for a little but longer but all seems to be on with baby ... Did a ultrasound and said I have developed an anterior placenta which is more than likely why I all of a sudden haven't been feeling her move like she normally does
  • Options
    Well I asked about that bc I didn't think you could just suddenly get AP either but i haven't had one until today and the nurse doing my ultrasound said that as your uterus grows the placenta moves so thats why I have AP now but didn't at my last ultrasound in the beginning of the month
  • Options
    Nurses don't do ultrasounds. Sonographers perform ultrasounds. And if it is a nurse doing your ultrasound they have no idea what they are doing
  • Options

Well I asked about that bc I didn't think you could just suddenly get AP either but i haven't had one until today and the nurse doing my ultrasound said that as your uterus grows the placenta moves so thats why I have AP now but didn't at my last ultrasound in the beginning of the month

Yeah it shifts with the expanding uterus - but not a ton. They might have missed or just not mentioned it at your last u/s...A change in baby's position is more likely to explain the changes you've noticed :)
  • Options
    Usually I just yell at my stomach and he starts moving again. But that's just me. GL
  • Options
    Lol no you don't just get an AP at this point. Silly nurse
  • Options
    This happened to me two days ago. The baby was moving, but much less than normal. I should have called my ob, but I didn't. Luckily, yesterday the baby started moving around a lot again. If it happens again, I will call my ob. I think it will at least ease your tension.
  • Options
    FYI its best to lay on your left side during pregnancy because that is how your little one gets the best blood flow from you.
  • Options
    I've also read in a pregnancy and childbirth book that was given to me by my doctor is that you should count your baby's movements usually when he or she is most active everyday. You do that by laying on your left side with your hands over your uterus. You must time it and count how long it takes for your baby to make ten distinct movements. It also mention that if you haven't felt ten movements within two hours you will need to be monitored in L&D to make sure the little one is OK.
  • Options

I really can't believe how rude you people are it's a shame I think this is what's wrong with the world today.... All the snarky comments WOW unbelievable

It's cute how little you know
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for all the input :) it's been really helpful
  • Options
    I had one day like that & normally I have a crazy mover. I drank some oj & felt him a little bit more. But I would call your OB def.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"