Multiples

Marvelous Multiples Class

Hi ladies!  Has anyone attended a "Marvelous Multiples" prenatal class (they are offered at multiple locations nationwide)?  If so, do they cover childbirth and breastfeeding?

A little back story here.  I am a FTM and called my hospital to schedule classes.  They offer a "Marvelous Multiples" class there twice a year, if enough people sign up.  I signed up for the class and an infant care class and then I asked if the multiples class covers the same things as the regular childbirth and breastfeeding classes they offer, except from a multiples perspective.  I don't want to take all three classes if the same information will be covered (or if it will be not applicable to me as it's geared towards women with singles).  She read the description on the website (not helpful) and then said she'd talk to the instructors and get back to me.  I later talked to her today and she said they recommended signing up for the childbirth and breastfeeding classes.  She proceeded to try and cancel my multiples class.  I was so shocked that I didn't ask the obvious follow up questions and ended up signing up for all three classes.

However, now that I've had time to think I wonder what the instructors actually said, because her response didn't answer my question.  I will add that this woman is extremely hard to contact, otherwise I would call her back.  She is only available until 4:30 on weekdays and 90% of the time I call I get voicemail.  So I am reluctant to go through the hassle to talk to her again.

I really want to attend a useful multiples childbirth class.  At the very least, I will be able to meet and ask questions of other local women who are also having multiples.  Did any of you attending such a class find it useful?  If you attended regular childbirth or breastfeeding classes, did you find them redundant or not applicable?  I have not paid for any of these classes yet and (as they kept reminding me) the multiples class will get canceled if not enough people register.  So there is still time to cancel my selections if needed.  Thanks in advance for your help!  :-)
Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Me: 34, PCD (defective cilia in fallopian tubes), borderline thyroid

DH: 35, borderline morphology otherwise healthy

Married 7 yrs, TTC 3.5 yrs

7 IUIs in 2013: All BFN

IVF #1 w/ ICSI: 11/07/13 * 14 5 day embryos; 2 transferred * BFN

FET #1: 2/27/14 * 2 transferred * BFP! * U/S #2: No HB * D&E on 4/18/14

FET #2: 9/18/14 * 2 transferred * BFP!

1st beta (11dp5dt): 919 * 2nd beta (13dp5dt): 2097 * 3rd beta (19dt5dt): 13,689

1st U/S: Twins!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Marvelous Multiples Class

• I am attending the multiples class first at 20 weeks then will schedule other classes as needed
    *** Siggy warning ***

DH: 31 normal
    Me: 31 tubal disease
    Married 2011
    TTC 2012
    Clomid x 2 with OBGYN: BFN
    IF testing 2013: blocked left tube, low AMH
    March 2014: Ectopic rupture, emergency surgery and D&C.  Absent left tube and now closed right tube
    October 2014: IVF with ICSI #1 - BFP (17r/14icsi/12f - 2ET 10/27; 7 frosties; Nov7 beta #1= 806; Nov10 beta #2= 2738; TWINS!!!!!  EDD late June/early July 2015)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"