August 2014 Moms

Red cheeks but no fever

hello everyone! I am a new mommy and I am wondering about my 4 1/2 month old baby who has red cheeks! I read about slapped cheek but he's had them red for a while now and no fever, no irritability or loss of appetite, nothing that would indicate slapped cheek. He's also not showing any teeth so I don't think he is teething. He eats normally, is in the best of moods always. Any idea what it could be?
Thank you!!

Re: Red cheeks but no fever

• It could be something with teething or my baby gets really Rosie checks when we go for walks and it's kind of brisk. And he has Rosie checks from teething. I rub some aquaphor on it and it goes away.
  • Thanks for the reply!
    Are your baby's teeth coming out? Does it take a while to see them after teething begins?
  • Loading the player...
  • I was thinking teething too. Our LO has been "teething" for over a month now, rosey cheeks from time to time. We use coconut oil.
  • He has been teething for at least a month and no teeth :( I use coconut oil on his skin too and also on his gums. I also use the hyland teething tablets and Tylenol when I feel like he is so uncalmble :( but he definitely has Rosie cheeks off and on. I can't wait for these teeth to just come in!!
  • DS had rosie cheeks for the longest time, I assumed teething but also no sign of teeth. I started rubbing a little bit of aquaphor on them before bedtime and they are SO much better.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Also, come to PB. :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• vk2204 said:
    DS had rosie cheeks for the longest time, I assumed teething but also no sign of teeth. I started rubbing a little bit of aquaphor on them before bedtime and they are SO much better.
    This ^ and also join PB. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"