August 2014 Moms
Options

Rolling rolling rolling!!!

since I can't figure out the new site yet I'll ask my question here.

At night my little on wakes (every 1 1/2 hours) and because I can't get him to self soothe he rolls over. He can't roll back to his back from his tummy to he fusses and fusses and I end up rolling him back but it takes time to get him back to sleep after and not to roll.

Last night I tried to swaddle him with just one arm out so he can chew his finger. It worked for a chunk of time but he doesn't like his hands trapped. Does anyone else have this problem? I know if he didn't end up rolling over he would sleep more. Anyone have any suggestions on keeping him from his tummy? I looked at some of those sleep sack things but I don't want to invest in them without a good review cause they aren't cheap.

Thanks!

Re: Rolling rolling rolling!!!

• Options
    Wish I could help! We still swaddle, though those days are limited, and he hasn't done much rolling yet. I keep hearing how rolling interferes with sleep so I am not entirely excited for any rolling :)
  • Options
    We use a baby Merlin sleep suit. We got them for dd1 to help with the crib transition/wakeful/growthsput/wonder week/rolling cluster-f that happens around 4 months. Ds is not a great sleeper, but I don't think he would sleep outside my arms at all without it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just wanted to update @tracey007‌ and @ekneipp‌ I gave in and bought the Merlin Magic Sleep Suit and it does magic. LO is sleeping so much better (still wakes to eat) but it's amazing. He is teething really bad so that effecting some stuff but still the suit is magic. Thanks for the help
  • Options
    Yeah! We just started using ours a couple nights ago. First night I had to go check on him because he wasn't waking like normal. Silly mom, just sleep! Agree, it is magic here too! Hope his teething resolves soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"