Multiples

35 weeks and still working!

I was wondering if I was alone in this or has anyone else felt like this. Today I'm 35 weeks pregnant and my twins have already dropped so low but my twins haven't come out yet and I'm so tired! I work full time at WDW and I'm on my feet all day and can't start my leave until Saturday! Ugh when I woke up this morning I was hoping to be in labor but all I'm getting is my same contractions and I'm not going to lie I'm kind of disappointed that they're not here yet. All my coworkers even my spouse said days they think the babies are going to come and he said today but maybe I just got my hopes up. I'm sorry for the rant but I just wanted to know if anyone else has felt like this.

Re: 35 weeks and still working!

• You should be happy you are still baking them at 35 weeks. You don't want them in the NICU. I am at 37 weeks with no signs of labor, but I am at home and not on my feet all day. My girls are low too, but it does not really bother me other then having to get up and pee about 3 times every night now.

Can you have your Dr pull you out of work? I couldn't imagine being on my feet all day. I got worn out walking around target the other day.
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I am right there with you- 36 weeks with twins and though in a lot of pain- I have to work through 37 weeks and then from home after that for a week (assuming I make it to induction date).  Hang in there.
  • Loading the player...
  • 35 today. Lots of uncomfortable here also. Woke up this morning and it appears I lost my mucus plug. I know that doesn't equal anything but seeing something happening is nice! Had an US yesterday and both boys are over 5 1/2 lbs... My induction date is not until February 6!

Married to Lee since 9/2/2000

Momma to Hais November 2002 and Carter April 2010 (with use of fertility treatments)

Cancer Survivor

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I understand being uncomfortable and wanting the babies OUT, but be thankful that they're IN you and not in NICU.  Maybe your doc can write you out early like cls said.  Good luck, they'll be here before you know it.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • I'm just about 21 weeks with frat twins and am working over 90 hrs a week with lots of 30 hour runs in a row. I won't say what I do but I will say Grey's Anatomy is pretty accurate when it come to the work hours. I have a very physical job and hate to admit it but I'm getting tired out already. I hope I make it to the end like you have.
  • Ugh those last weeks feel like they crawl along. You should have your Dr. put you on modified work - so you can sit down!!! I worked to about 35 1/2 weeks WITH a disability parking pass, then worked from home to about 37 and the girls came at 37.2 
    ********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • My ob wouldn't give me bed rest or FMLA unless there was a clinical reason so I decided to stop working last Friday (33 weeks) and use vacation time until delivery. The longer the babies are inside, the better. I understand wanting them out already, I am super uncomfortable but also worry about NICU time. Even if they have dropped, it can be weeks before your water breaks. Good luck!
    Me: 32, DH: 34.
    Trying since Jan 2011. Unexplained IF.
    2 IUIs = BFN.
    1 IVF (Dec 2013) = BFN.
    FET, 2 frosties (June 13, 2014)

14dp5dt-June 27 -BFP, beta 2061. 2nd beta >5000, 3rd beta >5000, 2 sacs 06/30.
    Twin Girls - 02/11/15 - at 37 weeks (no NICU, home with me at 3 days).
  • Hang in there I worked until 34 weeks as a concierge so I was running in bad out all day never sitting still and I went into labor at 35 weeks and we spent 2 weeks in Nicu finally my fraternal b/go twins are home trust me you don't want to be in nicu it was so hard to leave them And come home without them
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"