Baby Showers

Stroller/Car Seat question

Hey guys,
I just thought of something as I was reading through this board. I am registering for the Britax Travel system with the B-Safe car seat and B-Agile stroller.  The whole bundle is cheaper than buying the two items separately, so I registered for them together. Now I'm wondering if it's better to separate them since the price tags are more reasonable if someone doesn't want to drop $300. Silly question, I know...

Re: Stroller/Car Seat question

• Eh -- the registry is a list of the things you plan to buy, not a list of demands.  You plan to buy the bundled carseat/stroller.  If shower guests want to help you with that purchase, they can do a number of things:  buy a gift card to help offset your costs, go in with a few other family members or friends, buy just one piece and let you know.  Or you may not get the carseat/stroller bundle at all because no one wants to spend that much.  In which case, you'll be able to save significantly with your completion coupon.

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Good point, thanks! I'll keep it as a bundle.
  • Loading the player...
  • You could put the separate items on the registry as well. As people are looking they may see it appears twice and decide to only but half if no one wants to chip in with them. It will still be cheaper for you, if you only have to buy the other half. Otherwise, completion coupon :)
    ? PgAL/PAL Welcome ? My Chart ?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have been told over and over again, register for things your baby needs, and it is none of my business what people are willing to spend. Their wallets their business, but make sure your Thank you'd are out before the baby is born and make sure you send an announcement with a picture after the baby is born.
  • edited January 2015
    I'm just going to keep it on there as the whole travel system. It's the most expensive thing on the registry by far, at $300 (we're buying an Ikea crib and I'm hunting for a used dresser on Craigslist). If someone wants to buy it for us, great! If not, we'll use the discount and buy it ourselves. I tried to put a good range of prices on the registry so it's not all outrageous.
  • I would register for the bundle since it's a better deal than buying the two items separately.  If someone wants to spend $300, they can, or a few people can go in on the gift together.  In all likelihood, you'll get some cash or gift cards and can put that towards the travel system to purchase yourself.
  • I would keep it as a bundle! Plenty of people could pool together and buy big ticket items for you, and really, it would be silly to get one piece of the travel system and not the other! 

I found that the Britax system that I put on my registry, is much cheaper on Amazon! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"