3rd Trimester

Lady's this mummy needs help!

I'm currently 34weeks with a little boy die 2nd March.. But due to previous births im being induced in the next couple weeks & terrified! Anyone have any natural ways of bringing it on myself instead of hormone drips?! Pleaseeee..

Re: Lady's this mummy needs help!

• I would let him cook longer! Why would you want him to come any sooner? Full term is 37 weeks. 34 is really early.
  • I'll be 36 when they induce me.. Even now there saying he is okay to come out & he's a big baby
  • Loading the player...
  • katieex said:

I'll be 36 when they induce me.. Even now there saying he is okay to come out & he's a big baby

Size has nothing to do with development. There can be lots of development in 2 weeks (important stuff like brains and lungs!). Don't try to make this baby come before your Dr says it absolutely needs to.

• I had all the steriod jabs to mature lungs, he is here now and perfectly fine, weighted 5lb 3oz healthy no probs atall
  • Is this fake? MUD?
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary

imageimage

I'm a Dork. I Can't Wait for Dumb and Dumber To!

ME 28 - DH 30 ♥♥Married 7/25/2009♥♥
    Father's Day 2014 - 6/15/14 BFP!
    DD Born 12/8/2011 I Love my Mini-Me

• Is this fake? MUD?
    I vote yes!! ugh..
    < Pregnancy Ticker >
  • I went in that night due to very heavy bleeding! Don't sit there & judge something you don't know anything about... I didn't particularly want him out I had no choice! None of you know my health problems or anything so if my doc thought it was right then a baby doctor & consultant! He is perfectly healthy he's had checks, bloods the lot nothing wrong. Ask before u start abusing!
  • katieex said:

I went in that night due to very heavy bleeding! Don't sit there & judge something you don't know anything about... I didn't particularly want him out I had no choice! None of you know my health problems or anything so if my doc thought it was right then a baby doctor & consultant! He is perfectly healthy he's had checks, bloods the lot nothing wrong. Ask before u start abusing!

Why would you want our advice if none of us are your trusted doctor? As you said, none of us know your story or your health problems.

And congrats on the baby!
  • Because I would of rather do it naturally than all sorts of drugs pumped into me.. I didn't think 'mums' would judge me by it :/
  • katieex said:

Because I would of rather do it naturally than all sorts of drugs pumped into me.. I didn't think 'mums' would judge me by it :/

Unless you went into premature labor, you can't induce yourself naturally at 34 weeks. Period. The baby simply isn't ready at that point. Because it's so early, you shouldn't be attempting to do ANYTHING yourself without medical supervision. At that point, those drugs you want to avoid are what will keep your baby healthy and alive. Seriously, think about what you were asking.
    ^^ What she said
  • katieex said:

I went in that night due to very heavy bleeding! Don't sit there & judge something you don't know anything about... I didn't particularly want him out I had no choice! None of you know my health problems or anything so if my doc thought it was right then a baby doctor & consultant! He is perfectly healthy he's had checks, bloods the lot nothing wrong. Ask before u start abusing!

What a coincidence the same day you wanted to induce labor. You make me sick
  • Yes the same night! For your information I was cleaning & taking stuff to bins (6flight of stair flats) sliped on the cable wire in the block & bleed!.. You make me sick ur meant to be a mother yet ur quick enough to judge ay!
  • It wasn't heavy bags it was jus rubbish, I had to clean I had to start sorting & washing baby's stuff, there is no lift in my flats so walking was only option.. Yes
  • I would be really cautious and even get a second opinion regarding inducing labor before 37 weeks. I don't know your medical specifics, but the closer to 40 weeks, the better if it won't harm you or the baby significantly. That said, if they are definitely inducing at 36 weeks, nipple stimulation is the best way to move things along in late pregnancy. So fiddle twiddle those radio dials, let your partner go to town with a little big boy breastfeeding :) stimulate the nipples as much as you reasonable can right up until they put the IV in your arm, and hopefully you can avoid the induction. I had mine all natural at 39 weeks with my first, but I hear that child birth with the inducing medications is much more painful because of the increased strength of the contractions. Whatever you do, don't let the doctors bully you into doing something you are not comfortable with. Child birth will happen naturally when you let it and the hospitals and doctors are pretty well equipped to handle any emergencies that might occur at that time. Sometimes doctor's like to be able to put your birth into a slot in their calendar so it's convenient for them & will make excuses for why it makes sense. That's why I'd say try a second opinion about inducing a premature birth.
  • Well I just read back from my reply to see all the drama. Congrats on your delivery and I'm very happy to hear your baby is doing well despite being a preemie. It's a blessing! Don't let people's negativity stress you. Whatever happened, happened and what's most important is you and your baby are healthy. Enjoy the ride!
  • edited January 2015
    krysmill said:
    I would let him cook longer! Why would you want him to come any sooner? Full term is 37 weeks. 34 is really early.

Incorrect. 37 weeks is no longer considered full term. It is considered early term. 39 weeks is now considered full term.

ETA: @LadyCersei beat me to it.

• edited January 2015
    Well I just read back from my reply to see all the drama. Congrats on your delivery and I'm very happy to hear your baby is doing well despite being a preemie. It's a blessing! Don't let people's negativity stress you. Whatever happened, happened and what's most important is you and your baby are healthy. Enjoy the ride!
    You're right, call us out for our responses rather than judge this woman for being impatient and "coincidentally" going into labor the night she asked this question. High risk mothers should not be going up and down 6 flights of stairs. That's completely reckless and irresponsible. Also did you seriously say "let your husband go to town with a little big boy breastfeeding" ....fucking BARF.

Wut.

I just found it. Holy hell. I didn't even try to read the whole thing originally because tl;dr.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"