Boston Babies
Options

Heywood hospital, Gardner. What experience has anyone had?

Hi all! 

This is my first post and will be my first baby!  My husband and I are very excited!  Tomorrow I have my nurse education appointment at Heywood Hospital in gardner.  Then on February 6th I have my first doctor's appointment set with Dr.  Russell.  Does anyone have any experience with her or anyone at Heywood that they can share?  Any tips or info would be great! Thanks! :) 

Re: Heywood hospital, Gardner. What experience has anyone had?

• Options
    I am also a patient there. I met with Dr Russell a few weeks ago. I found that she is very direct. After 1 appointment, I don't feel I can accurately decide how I feel about her but i have heard great things about the other doctors there (Blake and Damour). Nurses seem great so far as well.
  • Options
    Hi :)
    I'm a heywood pt. I love them. Nurses are sweet and kind every time I've been in or called and the maternity center nurses are great too. I met Russell and Blake already. No complaints. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I met with Damour twice now and I love her. One of my appoinents was after a really stressful day (my dad was diagnosed with larynx cancer and had spur of the moment laryngetomy) I was a disaster. She was great, very understanding and compassionate while I bawled my eyes out. Meeting with Blake for the first time tomorrow.
  • Options
    Hi all, 

I had a miscarriage back in the middle of February and had a D & E.  We waited a few months like we were told and on 6/5 we took a test and found out I was pregnant again! :)  I haven't called my doctor yet.  Do you think since I was just there a few months ago that I don't need to do the nurse education appointment again or need to meet with my primary?  I could just call Heywood and set up an appointment.  Also, do you know if I could request only seeing Dr. Damour?  I had Dr. Russell for several appointments and she did my surgery but I never got a sympathetic understanding warm feeling from her. 

• Options
    taysuntaysun member
    When I made my next appointment yesterday the receptionist asked if I was okay seeing Dr Blake so I imagine if you feel uncomfortable with Dr Russell you can request not to see her. Personally I liked her, but maybe her directness helped because my appointment with her included my first ever pelvic exam and pap smear
  • Options
    taysuntaysun member
    Also they probably will want you to at least come in before your appointment for all the blood testing if they still have all your history on file and don't make you do the nurse appointment. But they still may just have you do it anyway to update it.
  • Options
    They want you to see all docs. I am due Aug 6 and decided to schedule all my appointments up to that very day (husband works retail management and has to request days off with plenty of notice) they made sure to schedule more with Russell since I had only seen her once. They want you familiar with all of them since you never know who you will get once you in labor. Congrats and Gl!