January 2013 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

Let's hear 'em!
Our little Samosa arrives in January!

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    Today is a major WTF. Taylor's fever is down without any meds so that's a good sign, though he does have a rash that doesn't seem to be bothering. He had to stay home again and I had to work so we used back up care to get a nanny for today. Well, Taylor is petrified of her! He just kept crying when he was alone with her. I put him down for a nap but when he wakes up he HAS to be alone with her for a few hours and I'm so sad. She seems nice but is older and he is totally not a fan. UGH. Because of his fear I also missed one of my calls I needed to do. He better be able to go to school tomorrow - ahhh!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    sewvt86 said:
    I just made boxed mac and cheese for the first time for DD and she looked and sounded as if I was trying to poison her....so I just ate the WHOLEbox by myself. It seems lately that I either eat a glutinous amount of food or am not able to eat anything at all. Why is growing a baby so strange?
    I'm guilty of this, not while pregnant. And I put peas in my mac & cheese...I'm really weird!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    WTF dinner club friends?!? I asked everyone to send me their days in February that WILL NOT work to get together for our monthly dinner club and there is not ONE SINGLE free day for all of us. Someone is always gone or busy or can't get a sitter that day...

So now we have to be the assholes who designate who won't come because we know everyone's available dates. JK though, I do love them, I just cannot believe how busy our circle of friends are.

WTF body, I crave sugar all the time. I think I just need to do a juice cleanse or something and reset my system.

Anniversary

• Options
    WTF General Hospital....Dante and Lulu are meant to be together and I'm sick of this fake Luke plot! lol! Can you tell what time I manage to get both boys to sleep and that I never use that time for chores! :).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Adding to my WTF. I had the nanny leave because T was petrified of her. Not like, I want to cling to mommy. Like scared of her screaming and running from her. And my step mom (if you are on FB you can see the thread) was like oh my kids always cried but would be fine after I left. And first, this was someone I just met that I didn't choose that I didn't trust and my son was scared of...no way I was leaving the house. She could have been a crazy! Then I said I supposed that's the downside of working from home - and of course I get a snarky comment about how she would have given anything to work from home. Well when I can hear my son screaming at the top of his lungs, that's not great for making calls. I still don't think she gets that I WORK from home. UGHHHH. Rant over!

• Options
    @ambmama  Sorry things didn't work out with the new nanny! Hopefully T gets back to his regular self soon and can go back to school!

Anniversary

• Options
    amnat84 said:

I just feel like I'm failing on every level right now. All I want to do is have a good cry and sleep and escape from everything.

this
    so far 2015 isn't going well

sorry about dd and daycare...i fear the day we might have to move her...we love our dc

• Options
    @amnat84 - if it makes you feel any better, I'm just to busy/lame to plan/celebrate DD's bday on the actual date (plus my mom wants to be here and can't make it this month), so we're pushing it off until sometime in February!  I figure we can get away with this for this year, she'll have no idea!  Poor DD :).
  • Options
    @amnat84 ugh so sorry, finding good care is just so dang hard and I hate finding a balance between money versus care.  :(

My WTF is that my car is officially totaled and it turns out that we had gotten an amazing deal on the dang thing so that there is no way I can get the same one again.  So my car is wrecked, I am out money and I am going to get a crappier car out of the deal.  Sigh.  AND DD is getting a cold or sick again and of course it happens the day my DH leaves to go out of town and I work all weekend.  Eek. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    amnat84 said:

I'm just having a not great day. Our car finally broke down on Saturday and we are in the process of finding a new one. We are already in an incredibly difficult place financially (DH is underemployed) and I can't imagine making a car payment now too.

Then I get a text from DH this morning saying DDS burst into tears when he dropped her off at her new daycare. She has been in DC since 6 months and never did that. She loved her old school. Ran away from us into her teachers arm when we dropped her off. Now when I tell her we're going to school she gets really quiet and doesn't say anything. We made the switch because it's saving us $300 a month but I'm sick about it. The place is a shithole compared to our old one and I just want to renenroll her. I came so close to crying at work today and now just thinking about it.

On top of that, DDs bday is saturday and I'm not even close to being ready. Work has been crazy and I've been working extra and my house is a mess and I don't know how all this shit is going to be done by Saturday afternoon. DHs bday is sunday. He asked me today if we were doing anything and I hadn't even thought about it. I just feel like I'm failing on every level right now. All I want to do is have a good cry and sleep and escape from everything.

You are not failing!! So sorry you had such a shit day, lady. Sending you a big hug.
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Options
    @amnat84 I'm sorry you had such a rough day but glad you had a good pick-me-up!

@OhBaby+2013 a fellow General Hospital fan, yay! I agree with your sentiments.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @amnat84‌ glad we could be there for you when you needed us. And I agree, this has been such a great group to lean on. Makes me sad that we have lost some of the crew! Though I think @jobiann wins the handy helper award here. (what is this book you speak of?) :)

@ohiodoxiemama08‌ I mean seriously let's get this Bill Eckhart show on the road!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jobiannjobiann member
    edited January 2015
    @amnat84

I just saw this post now, I'm so sorry you had a bad day yesterday. I hate those days, but sometimes they end as quickly as they start. Glad our birthday package picked you up a bit! Does Julia like her card crown?!? I hope it actually works and isn't just a cheap floppy thing.

I understand about the d/c situation too. We had to look for a new in-home d/c because our gal was retiring. She was a bargain, only charged us when J was there. The d/c we wanted is a flat rate for the week ($135) whether J is there or not and even during holidays. But the gal who runs it is AMAZEBALLS!! So we reworked our budget and got it fitted in. 

It's just Julia's first day, I'm sure she will adjust, $300 a month is A LOT of money, at least for us it is. 

And don't sweat the party,it will be great whatever you do! I literally threw J's together in a day (decorations from Wal-Mart, which BTW I forgot how AWESOME streamers are...you can do just about anything with them and they are 99 cents each!!!! Cupcakes made by my co-worker who caters, a few pork butts in the smoker and the grandma's each brought a big side dish along and I got a few bags of chips!). J didn't care, he just wanted cake and to play with everyone! It will be perfect whatever you do.

Also, I love you ladies too!!! I feel like we should have a 10 year gathering...when our babies hit 10, we should pick a location, travel and hang out for a few days!! Who is in??? Or maybe at 5 years....

Anniversary

• Options
    @amnat84 - I hope today is a better day! :)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    jobiann said:

@amnat84

I just saw this post now, I'm so sorry you had a bad day yesterday. I hate those days, but sometimes they end as quickly as they start. Glad our birthday package picked you up a bit! Does Julia like her card crown?!? I hope it actually works and isn't just a cheap floppy thing.

I understand about the d/c situation too. We had to look for a new in-home d/c because our gal was retiring. She was a bargain, only charged us when J was there. The d/c we wanted is a flat rate for the week ($135) whether J is there or not and even during holidays. But the gal who runs it is AMAZEBALLS!! So we reworked our budget and got it fitted in. 

It's just Julia's first day, I'm sure she will adjust, $300 a month is A LOT of money, at least for us it is. 

And don't sweat the party,it will be great whatever you do! I literally threw J's together in a day (decorations from Wal-Mart, which BTW I forgot how AWESOME streamers are...you can do just about anything with them and they are 99 cents each!!!! Cupcakes made by my co-worker who caters, a few pork butts in the smoker and the grandma's each brought a big side dish along and I got a few bags of chips!). J didn't care, he just wanted cake and to play with everyone! It will be perfect whatever you do.

Also, I love you ladies too!!! I feel like we should have a 10 year gathering...when our babies hit 10, we should pick a location, travel and hang out for a few days!! Who is in??? Or maybe at 5 years....
    Omg I would kill for $135 a week for daycare. Our daycare wanted $226 a week for one child!!! We have 3!! That is why I am now staying at home. Child care is out if control expensive, and together we make good money.

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

• Options
    We pay $155 a week at a home daycare, a facility wants just shy of $350 a week per child here. It's crazy expensive here too!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was paying 170 a week for part time DC and that was for in home.  Thankfully it is amazing and worth every penny and just dropped to 150 when she turned two.  I have a friend paying more than their mortgage (1500 a month!!!) for one kid. It's insane.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Well full time care for our three would've been $2700 a month. Um our mortgage is $560 a month. (Yes crazy, MH put a huge down payment down). Here the cost doesn't go down until 2.5, and it doesn't even seem like that much.

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

• Options

We pay $250/week, so between 1000-1250/month for DS, and that's with a 15% discount. Yikes.

• Options
    amnat84 said:
    @jobiann‌ she loved the crown. She's really into dressing up like a princess. And the stickers in the play pack made her day! She's been in daycare since the beginning of the month but has missed a lot because new daycare = new germs. The teachers aren't as qualified as our the place and are more babysitters than educators. It's hard for me with an ECE background. I know how important these years are and I hate making a choice based on money. We're paying $129 for 3 days a week. We were paying $200 for same amount. I loved our old teachers too. I cried when I said goodbye to her infant room teacher because she said "I wish I could take care of your new baby." They were just incredible. I know Julia will adjust. She's great in any situation. Blah. Parenting struggles. Life is hard.
    Good, I couldn't resist the crown card and the sticker pack!! It was fun to buy girl things for once!

$200 for 3 days...wow, I really appreciate I can get the best d/c in our down (at least that I think) for $135 a week.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"