September 2012 Moms
Options

Wicked Wango Wednesday

Re: Wicked Wango Wednesday

• Options
    So is everyone over on FB?  I can't decide if I think it's slower here than it was a couple weeks ago.
    I think it is just as active as last week. Just slowish in general.
    I think so too.  I haven't made the jump to FB yet.  I guess i just don't see how it will all facilitate the posting of discussion like TB does...

maybe its just a winter lull.  Or everyone is at the food stores with the crazy people buying up all the toilet paper, milk and eggs.

i think its the latter :)

my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options
    MRoxy0628 said:
    hmp1 said:
    Also, my DH hasn't washed the 2 pans and a cookie sheet from dinner in 2 days.  It's making me absolutely crazy, but I'm not doing it.  Seriously.  He has literally no responsibility after I get home except for washing the pots or pans from dinner.  Monday he claimed that because I burned rice on the bottom of a pan that he was "letting it soak."  Last night for our gourmet dinner of grilled cheeses with yogurt and pretzels (Nancy's choice...) the pan needed to cool down before he could wash it.

I know it's stupid & I should just wash the stupid pans.  I totally get it.  It's just frustrating.  It's just been harder since we got rid of our cleaners because I feel like I'm doing everything.
    This is totally us. He does the dishes but he has to let everything soak that might require a tiny bit of elbow grease to get off. Or he just won't turn around and the pan off the stove, so it sits for days.
    I let things soak too.  I'm also the person who rinses before putting in the dishwasher.  I don't let things soak more than one night though, that grosses me out. 

We wash everything that goes in the dishwasher too. Some things I understand letting soak over night but our non-stick stuff just wipes clean, no reason to soak!

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think we are just back to normal now after having a fun pop of posting around Christmas when people didn't want to work. I feel like a move to FB would kill the group sooner than staying here. I think the FB page would only see a few posts a week soon enough.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    My husband will likely be traveling next week for work and I'm not looking forward to it.  I know many of you experience this regularly, so I can't complain, I just know my dog is going to be a handful.

I have to look at the positive of being able to watch whatever show I want after Lily goes to bed.  :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would like to profess my love for The Laughing Cow cheese!  It is so yummy!

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options
    Stasi said:
    My office is 10,000 degrees today. I'm considering running downstairs to the Ann Taylor in my lobby to buy a tee shirt (and spend waaayyy too much money on it) because I'm wearing a GD wool sweater today and sweating profusly!
    You should do it.  I would.  I have a little USB fan that plugs into my computer and that's what kept me from dying yesterday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    Hey guys, my FIL became a doctor since he started ignoring us!

SIL forwarded me an email she got this morning...."Your uncle hasn't gotten out of bed and isn't eating or drinking.  I don't think he's going to make it to this weekend & I started writing his obituary.  He's been like this for around a week."

Uh...THEN WHY DON'T YOU CALL A FRICKING AMBULANCE YOU MORON?!  I'm so over DH's stupid Dad that as soon as I get home, DH is going over there and calling 911. FFS.  If it was that bad, then why would you go to work?  Wouldn't you stay home and assess the situation and call for medical attention?

I swear, DH was raised by responsible wolves.  Who weren't idiots.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    Stasi said:
    My office is 10,000 degrees today. I'm considering running downstairs to the Ann Taylor in my lobby to buy a tee shirt (and spend waaayyy too much money on it) because I'm wearing a GD wool sweater today and sweating profusly!
    You should do it.  I would.  I have a little USB fan that plugs into my computer and that's what kept me from dying yesterday.
    I would totally do it. And on this matter, why are offices either way too hot or way too cold???

Ours is freezing!  do they not want us to work.  i think we would be much more productive if we were comfortable!  well maybe there would be more time for TB, FB and internet shopping :)
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options
    I don't think I would ever join FB.  I loathe FB, even though I peek at it occasionally.  It is something that I cut out back before W arrived (my previous mid life crisis, or whatever happens to me before I have babies) and my life is much better for it.  I have posted pictures of W 3 times since she was born, and that's all I've posted.

I would consider moving to proboards but I am just so familiar with this interface.  Plus I'm not gonna lie.......  I can't figure out why we hadn't heard from someone in months and now they're back since TB implosion?  I mean, they were back long enough to move over there and beyond that I don't think there's any movement over there. 

And then there's the part of me that knows I should stop spending so much time on here, so what's the point in moving?
    Who are you talking about?

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    @marisakathleen what an accomplishment for him!  <--  Did my sarcasm font not work?

Yeah, I would have your DH go check on him because that is crazy!

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    edited January 2015
    I don't think I would ever join FB.  I loathe FB, even though I peek at it occasionally.  It is something that I cut out back before W arrived (my previous mid life crisis, or whatever happens to me before I have babies) and my life is much better for it.  I have posted pictures of W 3 times since she was born, and that's all I've posted.

I would consider moving to proboards but I am just so familiar with this interface.  Plus I'm not gonna lie.......  I can't figure out why we hadn't heard from someone in months and now they're back since TB implosion?  I mean, they were back long enough to move over there and beyond that I don't think there's any movement over there. 

And then there's the part of me that knows I should stop spending so much time on here, so what's the point in moving?
    Who are you talking about?
    Fireflygirl? She was all up in our TB Updates thread. I'm guessing she left us for her other BMB since she has a little. Or Parenting. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    @marisakathleen yogi, though I think she changed her SN.

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    @marisakathleen yogi, though I think she changed her SN.
    Ha, oh yeah. Her too. I forgot she was posting too. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    hmp1 said:

Fireflygirl? She was all up in our TB Updates thread. I'm guessing she left us for her other BMB since she has a little. Or Parenting. 
    Yah, she came back too but said she hadn't been active and might want to be more active. 

• Options
    If you ladies left here, would you request an account deletion?  I'm just curiASS. 

• Options
    I am remembering S12 from back in the day and there were a few posters that just really got under my skin or annoyed me.  I really like the group we have now.  I super duper miss some ladies though.  A lot of ladies, actually.

• Options
    I am remembering S12 from back in the day and there were a few posters that just really got under my skin or annoyed me.  I really like the group we have now.  I super duper miss some ladies though.  A lot of ladies, actually.
    I feel this way too.  

Am I the only one who wonders what they did at work before TB?  And how much I could do now without it!

• Options
    Well if this board goes, that will be it for me. I don't post regularly on FB, can't get on PB at work and I don't have IG so...I'd hate for it to be that way but I can't change things. There's quite a few people I miss and will miss. I haven't been active lately due to the amount of work I had a year end and I get to cme back and BAM!

imageimage 

• Options
    If you ladies left here, would you request an account deletion?  I'm just curiASS. 
    No. I have my birth story and a few other things saved that I would rather keep around, for now.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    No. I have my birth story and a few other things saved that I would rather keep around, for now.
    Plus. I feel like most people are doing it because they want to "hurt" TB somehow, but I don't get how it hurts them.  They already got that traffic and its all probably cached away somewhere anyway.  I can understand the privacy concerns, but those people also chose to post that stuff...

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    Plus. I feel like most people are doing it because they want to "hurt" TB somehow, but I don't get how it hurts them.  They already got that traffic and its all probably cached away somewhere anyway.  I can understand the privacy concerns, but those people also chose to post that stuff...
    I do think I will eventually request a deletion to remove all pictures of my kids. But I'm not worried about that anytime soon. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    I really need to download my birth story.  It's amazing how quickly you forget things. 

@willy_gert I "feel" like I pop in and refresh/comment in between major tasks, but there have been a couple eye-opening days where I think "just 15 minutes" and an hour passes.  It's a lot better now that the board is slow.  I justify it in many ways.  I don't take breaks, this IS my break, I don't chit chat with people at work, I don't leave my desk for lunch, and I put in a lot of personal time outside of the daily hours.  Still, I would be lying to say it isn't a distraction.  It definitely is. 

• Options
    I've 

SIL forwarded me an email she got this morning...."Your uncle hasn't gotten out of bed and isn't eating or drinking.  I don't think he's going to make it to this weekend & I started writing his obituary.  He's been like this for around a week."

Uh...THEN WHY DON'T YOU CALL A FRICKING AMBULANCE YOU MORON?!  I'm so over DH's stupid Dad that as soon as I get home, DH is going over there and calling 911. FFS.  If it was that bad, then why would you go to work?  Wouldn't you stay home and assess the situation and call for medical attention?

That's ridiculous.  That's some serious drama queen behavior.

Speaking of people who aren't doctors, FB is not the place to go to find out how to remove your own stitches or whether you are at an increased risk of heart attack.  Both of these questions have been posted on my FB feed recently.  I know going to a doctor is a pain in the ass, but surely you know someone more qualified to turn to than randomly asking on your FB feed.  Come on people.
  • Options
    I cannot stop eat these Twizzlers bites - they are strawberry filled goodness :)

my read shelf:

• Options
    I've 

That's ridiculous.  That's some serious drama queen behavior.

Speaking of people who aren't doctors, FB is not the place to go to find out how to remove your own stitches or whether you are at an increased risk of heart attack.  Both of these questions have been posted on my FB feed recently.  I know going to a doctor is a pain in the ass, but surely you know someone more qualified to turn to than randomly asking on your FB feed.  Come on people.
    This is why I'm weary of those new services where you can talk to doctors online or on the phone.  Obviously, it's better than asking your Facebook friends, but personally, I want a doctor to SEE me or my child in person to make sure they can get a full picture of what's going on. 
  • Options
    I had to go put a dress shirt on with my yoga pants, and some blush, because a client wanted to video skype with me.  Nobody needs to see my 10 times too fat face right now.  I tried everything to get out of it, but finally threw up the white flag.  Bizarre, man. 

• Options
    I would use a virtual doctor thing in a heartbeat to get a prescription for something I already know I have.  Like a z-pack for the annual tooth ache sinus infection I get. 

• Options
    I would use a virtual doctor thing in a heartbeat to get a prescription for something I already know I have.  Like a z-pack for the annual tooth ache sinus infection I get. 
    I get that.  I'm just always worried it's something worse.  I also want to avoid using antibiotics if it's not necessary. 
  • Options
    MRoxy0628 said:
    I get that.  I'm just always worried it's something worse.  I also want to avoid using antibiotics if it's not necessary. 
    I agree, and I think everyone should be weary of using the service for the wrong things.  I wouldn't call because I'm "sick" and request an antibiotic.  I'm just saying there's a few select things where it makes sense.  I get the same toothache sinus infection every year and get a z-pack from my dentist.  The visit costs me $50 and they are an hour away.  I can't think of any situation right now with W where I would use that service.

• Options
    MRoxy0628 said:
    I agree, and I think everyone should be weary of using the service for the wrong things.  I wouldn't call because I'm "sick" and request an antibiotic.  I'm just saying there's a few select things where it makes sense.  I get the same toothache sinus infection every year and get a z-pack from my dentist.  The visit costs me $50 and they are an hour away.  I can't think of any situation right now with W where I would use that service.
    That service is a godsend for DH who won't go to the doctor because it's too much trouble but will bitch about not feeling well for a week.  Call, get a prescription and I'll pick it up for you, you giant baby.
  • Options
    harti09 said:

Haven't read the other replies yet.. will go back to do so. Anyways, my June BMB is totally done. Crazy people throwing the Fbomb to everyone under the sun to purposely get banned. I get it. I haven't really gotten to know those girls the way I have on Sept '12, but still. The Bump is going down....

I want to eat all the things today. That thread yesterday about girl scout cookies really got to me. I need cookies. Now. I'm in Minneapolis, so I'm not sure when sales start here.

My kid has been in speech 3x/wk since October, and we're not getting anywhere. He was diagnosed with speech apraxia back then, and is really struggling with certain sounds and putting sounds together. When we try to do his "homework" at home, he boycotts, but does it well for his teachers at therapy. UGH. My kid is almost 2.5 and has 5 words that only DH and I understand. It's makes me so sad.

@starrysmile18
    I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. I understand how disheartening it is, and the daily struggle that it causes. DS still doesn't have any words. Sometimes he'll say 'mama' or 'dada' if he wants something and is overly excited, but those are few and far between. We're going back to developmental pediatrics next month to look at apraxia or something else, and/or increase SLP sessions. He's made very little progress in his time in therapy so far. He lives in a seeming constant state of frustration because of it all too. 

As a family, it's been a huge effort to not allow it to take over our lives...yet it basically does regardless.

DD is only has 10 or so words understood by others. She's very expressive in body language and attempts other words, so she's a little easier.

Big hugs lady. Big big hugs.

Thank you so much for sharing your struggles. It's really hard to be going through, especially when all the others surrounding him are speaking clear sentences. We're trying to stay positive and he's gotten more services in the months leading up to Christmas- being promoted from 1 session a week to 2, and now to 3, so I'm hoping something clicks soon!

I'll keep your kiddos in my prayers as well. It's such  a struggle. I try to find comfort in knowing that we're doing everything we can for our kiddos... hang in there too! @harti09

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    dimples12 said:
    I just got back from a meeting with a text from my sitter that says "Nancy wants her Mommy."

So now I'm crying at my desk.

I'm over it today guys.  O V E R I T.  I see a bottle of wine opening in my future.

That would break my heart. I kinda wish your sitter won't have let you know. :/ hope day goes fast and she's better soon!
    :( That wasn't a very productive or helpful thing to send you....big hugs. I bet Nancy will be happy to see you this evening. Is there anyway you can cut out after your meeting?

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Options
    Sorry @starrysmile18 @harti09 for your struggles, and @marisakathleen for your super shitty day

• Options
    I made this salsa chicken crockpot recipe that has black beans in it.  I like it except for those stupid black beans.  I am wondering how important they are to the recipe.  All it had was chicken, salsa, cream cheese, corn and black beans.  I served it over rice.

Thoughts?

• Options
    I made this salsa chicken crockpot recipe that has black beans in it.  I like it except for those stupid black beans.  I am wondering how important they are to the recipe.  All it had was chicken, salsa, cream cheese, corn and black beans.  I served it over rice.

Thoughts?
    I don't like beans.  If I was going to do that recipe I would likely just serve it over rice to make it a more complete meal.
  • Options

Thoughts?
    I like beans, especially being that I don't eat meat.  Is there another type of bean you do like?  Pinto maybe? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"