August 2014 Moms

Returning to work next week!

:(( :( My LO is 5 months and I have been with her everyday since she was born. I'm a FTM.... I may have been to a few outings here and there but it was only for a few hours not an entire work day :-( For the mothers who returned to work already, how did you transition or prepare for the process? I'm dreading it and think I may cry more than her!

Re: Returning to work next week!

• FTM here working FT. I felt the same about leaving LO after 14 weeks with him. I'm EBF so I was most concerned about making sure my pump was ready to go and setting alarms so I could make sure to pump while at work. I'm not sure I could have prepared emotionally. Even though my MIL is watching him, it was still very difficult. I made it through Mon and Tues without crying. I had the adrenaline rush of going back into the office. By Wed I cried and was missing LO lots.

DH, DS and I are all used to the routine now and it is good. LO is really happy to see us when we get home, he greets DH and me with a big gummy grin and we spend a couple of hours playing until bath time and back to bed.

Now that I'm used to it, I think work is nice because it allows me to be me.

Good luck! The first few weeks are hard but it gets better.
  • It was difficult for me to go back to work. I don't think there is anything you can do to prepare yourself for it. Some days are better than others. My H and sister have DS while I am at work so I know he is in good hands and they send me lots of pictures!

Also, when I walk through the door and DS sees me he gets such a big smile. It just melts my heart :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Getting pictures during the workday is the best! It helps reassure that baby is happy and in good hands. I always tell myself it is harder for me than for baby and it is healthy for him to get comfortable with family and friends so he can find security within himself.
  • I'm a FTM who EBF and went back to work FT at 6 weeks. It wasn't as bad as I thought, but I'm also really busy throughout the day. Sometimes when I slow down I start missing him, but then I get busy again. I think that's the key to keeping your mind off of leaving, keep busy! The routine of pumping, drop offs and pick ups and getting bags ready for the next day and washing bottles ect., took a little while to get used to, but it didn't take too long to get in a groove.
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards