Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Hi. (loss and living child mentioned)

Hi ladies. I'm back. DH and I decided to try for baby #2 this summer. I had my IUD removed and got pregnant in August. That pregnancy ended at about 6 weeks without medical intervention. We got our second BFP on Halloween, only to m/c at 4w5d. I was hesitant with our 3rd BFP. My PGAL brain wouldn't rest. I calculated my risk of miscarriage every day and tried to be excited about being pregnant. Somewhere around 8 weeks, I started to relax. I bought maternity clothes. A close friend of mine bought me onesies. We had an appointment on Friday and were told everything looked great. Yesterday, at 10w4d, we had a dating ultrasound. Early into the ultrasound, I knew something was wrong. The ultrasound tech was asking questions about my lmp and chances that my dates were off. She eventually moved from an abdominal ultrasound to vaginal, and confirmed our fears: only a small gestational sac. 

She estimated that growth stopped between 5 and 7 weeks. I'm now waiting on further blood tests to see what my options are. My doctor's office is pretty conservative and refuses to intervene without a second beta, despite the fact that my hcg was lower yesterday than it was on Friday. I go back tomorrow for the second beta. I'm a ball of mixed emotions. To complicate matters, our 7yo DS was with us for the ultrasound. 

Now I'm still receiving maternity clothes I bought online and in the awkward position of telling others, not to mention explaining to our DS what happened. I think I'm done trying to have more kids but struggling to deal with the idea. 

Re: Hi. (loss and living child mentioned)

• Options
    So sorry for your losses! Big hugs!!
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15

• Options
    My 7 yo was with us at our ultrasound as well. :( so sorry for you and your family. Lots of hugs to you all. We've been talking a lot with our 7 yo as it seemed to really affect her. We made a necklace for her with an angel and talked about guardian angels and how she now has 3, as this wasn't our first loss. And we plan on planting some special trees when the weather breaks in memory of our lost little ones. I'm feeling a lot like im way too scared to try again also, and the only reason I'm even still considering it as a possibility is I know my little one wants siblings in the worst way. I feel for you and your situation. Take care and be kind to yourself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"