Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Mother's Helper/babysitter vs Nanny

I'm looking for help during the day with my daughter. Is it unreasonable to ask a babysitter to ask to help with babies laundry, tidying up, keeping nursery clean. Or is this more of a job of a nanny. I would be home during the day and need help. I find most nannies want full time help and I need someone part time. I was thinking of posting in a local college for help. What do you guys think babysitter or nanny?

Re: Mother's Helper/babysitter vs Nanny

• Options
    I'm looking for the exact same thing. Glad I came across this community.
  • Options
    I think if you are going to be in the house this sounds more like a mothers helper kind of thing. Pay a teenager in your area some small amount to help with the baby and or the chores so you can get stuff done. Or even just watch the baby while you nap. I think a true babysitter / nanny would do what you are asking no problem but the cost would be much greater. Are there kids in your neighborhood looking for some babysitting experience? That is where I would start. Ask the moms in your community if their kids need a job and key them know what you are willing to pay for the help.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I pay some high school girls to be with my girls in my house, back yard, or the neighborhood park once I trust them while I do some of those chores. Cleaning bathrooms or getting mountains of laundry put away while they're here. I found my girls through our high schooled early education class and they came highly recommended by the teacher that I've know for 20 years.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"