February 2015 Moms
Options

Big baby, possible mucus plug loss and yeast infections... Oh joy!

First off please don't yell at me if this is being discussed elsewhere, I'm new to the birth club area because it seems like a lot of negativity happens here... Anyway- I am just looking to get some support on this, I've had a miserable pregnancy so far and I just want to be done!

I am 36 weeks +3, my baby "dropped" at 28 weeks and it's been misery ever since. At 32 weeks I had an ultrasound because my fundal height was measuring significantly larger than expected, the us estimated at that time he weighed 5 lbs 6oz(they said plus or minus a lb). My OB said at my 34 week apt that she was hoping he would have slowed his growth but hadn't I go for my 36 week and an us tomorrow. Yesterday I think I started losing my mucus plug, it wasn't bloody like most say theirs is, but it was significantly different than any other discharge I've had(looked like a yellowish booger!) it was a glob about the size of my fingernail. Does this sound like a piece of the plug? I've also had on and off yeast infections since 32 weeks so I was thinking maybe it was related to that.

I have been telling myself from the beginning that I will go early because I need something like that to get me through without going nuts! How do you keep yourself from going crazy during the last weeks? I'm still working but find myself being less productive and once I get home I'm usually too sick to do anything.

Re: Big baby, possible mucus plug loss and yeast infections... Oh joy!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Can we make an agreement not to mention mucus plugs on here?  I always seem to come across a post about them while I'm trying to eat.  Goodbye everything bagel with turkey, hummus and cheese ): 

On that note, the third trimester is miserable.  I get needing a mantra to try and get through it (mine is four more weeks of work!), but a the same time, prepare yourself for the fact that you might not go early.  Also, you want your baby to cook for as long as possible so he/she is healthy.  Just find a way to relax and relieve your stress.  My relief is yoga.  And then coming home and eating ice cream while I watch Friends on Netflix. 

As for the other symptoms, talk to your doctor.   

• Options
    Your mucus plug is absolutely huge.  You'll know.  Think jelly fish when parts are lost early on, and think bloody jelly fish if it's near the end.  What you have sounds like discharge to me. 

I lost part of my MP with my first pregnancy around 22 weeks.  It was the size of a silver dollar and the docs were not concerned at all.  When I saw the real deal before my active labor started, I was like OH.....that's why they weren't concerned about a little piece breaking off early on. 

So, sounds like discharge, if you really lose your MP you'll never have to ask anyone if that was it.  You'll be like, "holy mother of......"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're miserable. I can empathize with you. It's all kinda of uncomfortable/painful when the baby drops. I can hardly walk right now from hip pain and my 19 month old never slows down.

I really don't WANT to discuss mucus plugs, but I should say that with both my pregnancies the mucus plug was much more significant in size than a fingernail. Also, even if it does fall out early it can regrow itself in 48 hours. It doesn't necessarily have any effect on when you'll actually go into labor. I lost mine twice with my first and still went past my EDD. I'd ask your doctor if you're concerned though.

Also, just mom to mom. Try, TRY not to get your hopes up too high about going into labor early. I know it sucks. But I just KNEW I'd go early with my first. I'd lost my plug, I was dilated, all my friends seemed to go early, etc. I went past my EDD and was MISERABLE those last few weeks. Try to assume you're going to go past your due date. The mental torture isn't worth it. Statistically, most FTMs go late.

Good luck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    This is not a great way to start a post.
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Options
    sounds like normal pregnancy discharge to me. Be lucky it was only a "fingernail" worth of it. And that's all I'm going to say besides talk to your doctor about all of that.

If anything like my doctors- they don't care to ever see your photos etc of mucous plugs, and they are never concerned about it.. Since it can regrow and doesn't have indication on labor.

Lastly don't start of by telling the people you want advice from not to yell at you etc. Insulting and rude. We are not doctors and get tired of stupid questions.
  • Options
    @JessicaH1020‌ I loveee turkey on an everything bagel!!!!
  • Options

No, it doesn't sound like your MP.  Your MP can regenerate as well.

3rd Tri can be difficult.  I'd much rather deal with aches/pain with an inside baby than wish to delivery early and have NICU issues.  I also work full-time on my feet, go out with friends & chase around a 4yo on my days off to "keep me busy" during these last weeks.

BTW: OUTSIDE babies are much, much harder!  It's relatively easy to decide to go to the grocery store, get in car, get out, get items, pay & leave.  It can easily take an hour+  to get all the newborn crap together (diaper bag, etc) then kiddo will poop-splode or spit up as you're walking out.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm always amazed when people are grossed out by discussion of the MP. Wait until you see what comes out of a baby.

You can lose pieces of your MP as you dilate. This is my 4th pregnancy, and the last two I lost bits of it as I dilated. Honestly, I've never seen the jellyfish. But this happened over the course of 2-3 weeks before I went into labor.
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Options
    And they cycle repeats itself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"