Working Moms
Options

Birthday Party Timing

For some reason I have always hated the idea of parties before the actual date of birth.

But this year, schedules have seriously conspired against us.  DD's birthday is the Friday after Spring Break.  She has a practice that night.  The next night is a big school event.  The following weekend she has a tournament.  Have you/would you/will you have a birthday party two weekends prior to the actual birthday? If it matters, this is a pedicure/dinner out/sleepover for four girls (tweens).  All of the girls also have these same conflicts so it's not like DD could skip something and have the party on her birthday weekend.  The weekend prior to her birthday we will be away at Family Camp.  I could also take off a day over Spring Break and do it then....if the girls are in town, that might work too, but is still before her birthday.  So that takes us to....WWYD?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Birthday Party Timing

• Options

It happens here alot also  - DD1 birthday is right before school starts so it seems like everyone is always busy those last couple of weeks trying to cram in family vacations - she has had her birthday 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after her actual birthday.

FWIW if you can swing something over break I am sure the girls would love it if everyone is around. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes this is so totally fine. DS's birthday is December 12 and I try to have it the first weekend of December if I can just b/c if we wait too long Christmas events become a scheduling conflict for a lot of his little friends.  

\image  image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD1's birthday is usually the week of Thanksgiving. We had her birthday party the weekend following Thanksgiving once but a lot of people couldn't make it due to holiday travel. Now we do it the weekend before Thanksgiving. If I push it into December it runs into DD2's birthday, which is a whole 8 days after hers. I think having it before is fine.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    One more vote for it being fine to do early!
  • Options
    Spring Break it is - just scheduled a museum sleepover for the weekend two weeks previous.  Fingers crossed her friends are here!  If not, it will have to happen in February, and her birthday is in late March.  That's craziness.  Maybe April....ugh so complicated!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"