Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Finger foods?

What are some good finger foods to start baby with? We only have our top 2 teeth mind you.

We;ve been doing mums teething biscuits and puffs so far.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Finger foods?

• Options
    We do soft foods like cantaloupe, watermelon, bananas, cucumbers, steamed veggies, avocados, etc.
    DS born 6/2/14 #2 due 5/31/16

• Options
    My daughter only has half of one tooth and we do Cheerios, avocado, raspberries, cooked veggies ( cook longer to soften how you like) peas, oranges, over cooked pasta or brown rice. She loves chopped up banana, it's kind of slippery so it's more of a challenge for her to grab, but they can do it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have 4 teeth and are 8 months old.. For snacks we are doing puffs, baby cookie wheels, whole pickles, yogurt drops, and mum mums. We will start soft veggies at dinnertime pretty soon (right now her veggies at dinner are still spoon fed stage 3).

• Options

The question is more like what doesn't mine eat.  She is 8 months old, has 3 teeth and would prefer table food over baby food.  I cut everything into small small pieces, but she eats more than other 8 mo that is for sure.  She has had shredded grilled chicken, eggs, lots of fruits (blueberries, strawberries, bananas, oranges), steamed veggies (broccoli, green beans, sweet potatoes, carrots), pasta and I am sure there is more.  I just make sure to watch her closely when it is something new. 

• Options
    Avocado triangles (cut into small triangles that are easy to pick up).

Baked carrots (soft) cut into slender spears.

Shredded meat: thigh meat chicken is easy to do & carnitas (pork) . Shred or cut into thin strips. DS is a little carnivore & this was great for him.

Fruit: soft banana mushed, cantaloupe thin spears, & apple sticks (toothpick thin at first, then thicker like wafers.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"