Babies on the Brain

*Update Please Help*-Missed two birth control pills and freaking out (TMI Warning)

edited January 2015 in Babies on the Brain
I dont know where else to go with this questions and I know from my pregnancy with my son that the ladies on The Bump tend to know a lot about fertility and pregnancy so maybe you guys can help me out. I missed two pills back to back during the second week of my pills. I had a lot going on and just forgot. I didnt even realize that I missed them until I started bleeding. Right when I started spotting I popped the two pills and took them on time for the rest of the month. I had unprotected sex that night that i missed the two pills and started bleeding. I am now terrified that I could be pregnant. My period is only one day late and I took a test and it came back negative but I am freaking out. My body feels different. My boobs hurt, I'm cramping a lot, I'm exhausted, I feel nauseous (not throwing up, just queasy).  I took the test in the middle of the day after drinking a ton of water so I'm paranoid that maybe I messed up the results of the test by diluting my pee. Please tell me I'm just being paranoid. What do you ladies think? I know you cant tell me if I'm pregnant or not, but maybe you could shed some light on how likely it is to get pregnant after only missing 2 pills. Also my fiance thinks that since I started bleeding there's no way I could've gotten pregnant because my body would've "flushed" the egg out with the other blood. Is this true?

UPDATE- My period came on that Tuesday morning and it was light compared to what I'm used to. It was over by Thursday morning and I used panty liners most of the time. I am still having slight cramping. I still feel nauseous, especially in the mornings. I am EXHAUSTED. I have no energy. Also, I have had loose bowel movements (TMI Im sorry) for the past week and a half. This is exactly how I felt when I was pregnant with my son (Minus the diarrhea thats new). But I took another test yesterday and it was negative. I even bought the expensive First Response Gold Digital. So I'm obviously not pregnant. Any ideas on what it could be? Should I go see a doctor or just let it pass. Maybe it's in my head...idk...

Re: *Update Please Help*-Missed two birth control pills and freaking out (TMI Warning)

• I agree with the PP... you had unprotected sex (I am assuming your finace did not wear a condom) so there is the chance you are Pregnant.  I would re-test in a few days or even a week

Life began when I saw your face

I.J.C. born 11.3.13 

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks so much ladies. Thank God I'm not pregnant. AF came this morning. I HAVE TO be more careful with my pills, or switch to a new form of BC because our son is only 2 and we are not ready for baby #2. We plan to wait until DS is about 4 before we even start trying again which means I need to be more responsible. Im so glad this was a false alarm. 
  • Set an alarm on your phone to take your pill at the same time every day.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I have the alarm set, I just that sometimes if I'm busy I will turn it off and say I', going to  go get the pill later and forget to go, which completely defeats the purpose of setting an alarm. Im thinking about changing the time I take it to the morning and taking it when I brush my teeth.
  • DebateThisDebateThis member
    edited January 2015
    I have the alarm set, I just that sometimes if I'm busy I will turn it off and say I', going to  go get the pill later and forget to go, which completely defeats the purpose of setting an alarm. Im thinking about changing the time I take it to the morning and taking it when I brush my teeth.
    Get an IUD. ETA: And if that's not an option, pick up a box of Plan B and keep it at home.

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • I had the IUD my body didnt like it. I had to have it removed. Im going to read more about Plan B. Thank you for that suggestion.
  • Which IUD was it? there are multiple and if you are still a ways down the road from #2... it might be worth it to check out others.

I had the paragard for 7 years and never had any problems

Life began when I saw your face

I.J.C. born 11.3.13 

• I had the Mirena. I kept getting bacterial infections and I bled for 8 months straight. I will look into paragard 
  • I have the alarm set, I just that sometimes if I'm busy I will turn it off and say I', going to  go get the pill later and forget to go, which completely defeats the purpose of setting an alarm. Im thinking about changing the time I take it to the morning and taking it when I brush my teeth.
    Depending how long you "snooze" your alarm and how wildly varied the time of day you actually take the BCP ends up being, you may not be as protected as you think, either.  Maybe depo shots or the monthly ring (whose name escapes me) would be a better option for you.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

"Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn, the clean, cool chill of the holiday air,
    an asshole in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer."

When I was on the pill, it was always a part of my night time routine. Put on my pjs, take my pill, brush my teeth, get in bed. Made for an easy transition to starting PNVs too as those are easier on my stomach when I take them at night.
  • Edited with an update. I would appreciate any advice anybody has. 
  • It's a hormonal change from missing two pills. Please don't waste a doctors time for your mistake. This happens when you fuck with your BC.
  • Thanks Mysterious_wife
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"