Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

I really don't want to put my newborn in a facility type od daycare, Does anyone know of any other a

Re: I really don't want to put my newborn in a facility type od daycare, Does anyone know of any other a

• Options
    I was saying of any other alternatives to the typical daycare?
  • Options
    How about a home daycare?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well you can hire a nanny to come watch baby in your home or find an in-home care option. I know several women who have their own babies and also watch someone else's child (friend or stranger). Also i have heard of in-home 'daycares'. My neighbor's nanny, who just left them, started one in her home. She said her goal was to care for max 3 children in her home.
  • Options
    Or how about a small daycare that is somewhere between a facility and a home daycare.  DS goes to a daycare that only has 1 room for each stage (infant, toddler, pre-school, etc).  I wanted the oversight of multiple people being present at one time, which also has to do with the set up of the rooms  - which are not closed off to each other at DS's daycare - but didn't want a place where there were so many children that he would just be 1 of 100. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have heard of nanny sharing but couldn't find any info on it for my area.
  • Options
    You could hire a nanny or an au pair as an alternative.
  • Options
    I'm using care.com to find people near me in hopes of finding a sitter to come to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"