High-Risk Pregnancy

Help please! Quad screening

i got my screening blood work back and I have the odds of 1 in 20 of the baby having spina bifida and I am so upset. Has this happened to anyone. The doctor told me not to worry because these screenings have false positives all the time. But I can't help but worry that my baby will be healthy.

Re: Help please! Quad screening

• Hey there I've already posted about this a bunch. I had the quad screen done and was terrified when the results came back and I had a 1 in 20 chance of having a baby with down syndrome. My husband and I went in for a level II ultrasound and everything looked great but we were told that down syndrome can't be diagnosed via ultrasound. We decided to have the Harmony NIPT test done, which is a blood test that looks at the baby's DNA in your blood. We had to wait a long week and a half for results but they finally came in and everything was fine. I regret taking the quad screen because it is so inaccurate. Your chances are GREAT that everything is fine and I most certainly wouldn't worry until you have an actual reason to....I know, easier said than done. Also, unlike down syndrome, I believe that ultrasounds are more accurate at picking up neural tube defects? Keep us updated! I will be thinking about you!

• Thank you so much for your story it sure makes me feel better!! I will keep you updated. Only two more
  • Loading the player...
  • I was told my daughter had a 1 in 20 chance of having Down syndrome but she ended up not having it. My doctor just told me not to worry too much because of the high rate of false positives. Keep your chin up mama. :)

....................................................................................................................................... 

Big Sister Piper

Born at 37 weeks, strong NICU survivor

Friday, November 13th, 2009, 7:17 AM

Baby Brother Link

Born sleeping at 19 weeks with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus

Sunday, March 2nd, 2014, 7:27 PM

.......................................................................................................................................

• Thank you!!! It makes me feel much better hearing these stories. But it seems like not many stories about people getting false positives in neural tube defect but I am sure it is the same as downs.
  • Our odds were 1:30 for downs syndrome and our Materni21 results came back normal for everything. This is my 3rd pregnancy and I've never been through such stress. I loathe these tests!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • How did it turn out? I'm waiting on my level 2 ultrasound tomorrow for the same thing.
  • @tinaa33 Mine was elevated for ntd and I've had 2 level 2 u/s and neither have showed any signs of anything abnormal. Hope this helps you relax a little! T&P to you and your little one!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"