1st Trimester
Options

Slow heart beat and growth at 7 week scan

Hi.. I had my 7 week scan after a 3 day transfer and found that my precious wee gift only measured 5.8 mm and the heart beat was under 100 although not told specifically the rate. We have been given a 50/50 chance and was wondering if anyone had any success stories. This is my second pregnancy the first resulting in a miscarriage in May. Our follow up scan is in 2 weeks. Have been trying for 3 years feeling so sad and deflated. Thank you in advance for your your replies.

Re: Slow heart beat and growth at 7 week scan

• Options
    No advice or experience to share, just wanted to say that I hope things work out for you.

Anniversary

• Options
    Thank you Amanda.  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No experience but good luck! Fx that your little one is just a late bloomer!
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    No experience here either but I hope it all turns out ok for you!
  • Options
    Thank you. The wait is so hard. 
  • Options
    Mine had a hb of 85 at 7 weeks, but the size measured right on track.  I went a week later and it was up to 168.  I'm 11.5 weeks right now and I'm praying that the hb will still be normal!  Hopefully this will be a success story!

Good luck
  • Options
    Mine had a heart rate of 95 at the 6 week us. At the 7 week we were up to 161. She is now 5 months old and asleep next to me. I am not saying you are out of the woods but there is still a good chance you will be fine.
  • Options
    Hi.. thank you for your comforting replies... Serenity what were your wee ones measurements at 7 weeks.
  • Options
    They didn't tell me the exact measurements, but just how far along I was measuring.

From LMP I was 7 + 3 on my first u/s and measured 6 + 6.  This wasn't terribly surprising to me because I ovulated on day 17 rather than 14.  My next follow-up u/s (because of the low hb) was exactly 6 days later and I was measuring 8 + 2.  It seems that it had a bit of a growth spurt... or the measurements were a bit off one of the days.  I could visibly notice a size change though with the second u/s.
  • Options
    Had hcg levels checked today and risen from 7472 at 6+5 to 23785 at 8+1. The fertilty nurse said this doesnt mean much and levels still below average. . Apparently progesterone levels are bang on... I don't know.. guess scan next Thursday will tell us either way... :-S
  • Options
    I have my 12 week on next Wednesday and am still so nervous of a missed miscarriage.  I was just so shaken by the low hb at 7 weeks... I will feel much better after a strong hb at 12.

It's horrible waiting!  We'll have to both update each other next week!  Hang in there :)
  • Options
    I didn't get an u/s at my 12 week today, but the doc found the hb quickly on the doppler - still in the 160s!  I'm going to try to relax now :)

I hope you also get good news soon.. hang in there and let us know how it goes
  • Options
    Hi there,
    Sad news I am afraid... we lost our wee one... so sad but we have lots of great support. Will take some time to grieve then decide on whats next. 
    Amy
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this trying time.
    I'm happy to hear you have great support to get you through this.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you!
    TTC since 10/2014
    BFP #1: 12/21/14, MC: 1/31/15
    BFP #2: 6/19/15, MC: 6/21/15
    BFP #3: 1/30/15, EDD: 10/09/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Soo sorry!
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss!
  • Options
    Thank you.. x
  • Options
    Oh no, I'm so sorry!  I wish your family strength as you get through this. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"