Stay at Home Moms

What to do w/ handmade items?

My mom found and gave me a bag of little girl clothes that my grandmother (now deceased) sewed. They are horribly out of fashion, so not something that DD could wear, but I feel terrible thinking of getting rid of them.

Should I have DD wear them as dress up clothes...? Preserve a couple and donate the rest...? Right now they are just in a bag in the closet taking up space.

Re: What to do w/ handmade items?

• Sell them. A lot if people pay big money for ugly vintage stuff. I've seen some instagram sellers doing this. You could maybe frame a few things you like as nursery decor?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • I have a lot of homemade dresses my mom made for me when I was a kid. They are well made but out of date. My girls love playing dress up on them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Angel baby 3/2014 at 5.5 weeks
    Angel baby 6/2014 MMC at 7.5 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a lot of homemade dresses my mom made for me when I was a kid. They are well made but out of date. My girls love playing dress up on them.
    Give them back to your Mom if you don't want them.  I have clothes that my Mom made for me when I was younger and some outfits that I sewed myself when I was younger.  I agree with @girlymama79 if you decide to keep them, let them be dress-up and play clothes.  The heirloom factor is one reason I wouldn't get rid of them because there's a story to be had for future generations.  I know our church sometimes has "Heirloom fashion" shows. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dress up for a few photo shoots? Could be especially cute framed beside a picture of you or your mom wearing the same dress.

Personally I'd keep 2 and then give them back to my mom or donate them.
  • Why in the world is spin banned? Hey spin come join us on GBCN proboards drinking while parenting. Every one is welcome.
  • Love the photo idea. I'd save at least one. You could ask make a blanket with them if you sew.
  • When they ban someone, they should delete the pictures of their kids from their signatures.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"