September 2012 Moms

Night PTing

So, we've decided to try night training Maya. She's almost 4, she's been day and nap trained for over a year, and still wearing a pull-up to bed. We are pretty sure that if we don't make her uncomfortable by wetting, she won't ever try to get up. She's really lazy about getting up when she has to go, so if she doesn't have to, she won't. I bought pads to put on the bed since I know there are going to be done night changes. Any ideas on words to use with her? Should I wake her when I go to bed to try to go? Anything else anyone can think of?

Re: Night PTing

• No fluids an hour before bed. That was the difference forums. I never woke him, I let him figure it out. He was waking up dry 90% of the time

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • James just holds it all night. He sometimes holds it for 30+ minutes after getting out of bed. I didn't know what to expect but he was totally fine. I suspected that he was only peeing his pull up after he woke up any ways. Do you have any trainers or plastic covers for underwear? I busted the trainers back out until I had a trust level. Good luck!

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Loading the player...
  • I still had him locked in his room so I made sure to tell him to call for me if he needed to go. And it was OK to call for me to use the bathroom even if bunny was still sleeping ( his ok to wake clock). I told him this all day long the day he was going to bed in underwear and again as the last thing before leaving his room.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• She's in bed now with underpants. I put a GoodNites pad on her bed in case she has an accident. I reviewed it with her a few times about getting up to pee and going right back to bed. She isn't locked in her room and her room connects directly to the bathroom, so it should be pretty easy for her to do. I hope she gets the hang of it quickly. Thanks ladies!
  • Good luck!! Hope the first night goes well!

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• No advice bc we were fortunate that ds stayed dry on his own shortly after day training, but just wanted to say good luck!
    That's great that the bathroom is so easy for her to access.

• Yay! Fingers crossed she keeps doing well.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • How'd last night go?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"