Babies on the Brain
Options

BD night before positive OPK

My hubby and I have been TTC x2 months; I know that we haven't been trying that long, so my hopes are not too high. We BD on CD17 night and then I popped pos on my OPK on CD18 morning; when we did BD, I had EWCM. Because we BD before my pos OPK, will my chances of pregnancy increase?

Re: BD night before positive OPK

• Options
    I am trying to get use to the terminology is all.  I temp as well and I temped at 98.6 on my pos opk date; I have been staying between 97.5-97.9 up until then.  I dropped back down to 97.6 today.
  • Options
    @dompick‌ Get a thermometer that reads to the 100th degree (ex: I was 97.58 this morning). That will help you have a more accurate chart to pinpoint O. As to your original question of "increasing your chances" because you had sex before the positive OPK, the only thing that will increase your chance is having sex before ovulation (up to a couple of days because that's how long sperm can survive in you) and the OPK can't confirm that ovulation happened. So, while it may indicate ovulation is about to happen, and therefore yes, you want to have sex before O, if it just showed a surge that didn't lead to O then your chances aren't that high. Have sex every other day until O is confirmed by your chart. That's all you can really control.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"