Babies: 6 - 9 Months

What Age/Weight Did You Put Baby in a Stroller?

My baby is 93rd percentile for height (hysterical to us because I am 4'11"!) and pretty tall for her age, and every stranger in the world - after they ask how old she is and I tell them - feels the need to comment the same thing: "really? that's a BIG baby!" I mean, even my OBGYN says this. Ugh. And since she was 6 mos - she's 7.5 now - she has been wearing 9 mos+ clothing. So I'm starting to think she is growing out of her carseat fast.

So my question is, now that she is on the tallest carseat/strap setting already, and I have a "Click Connect" Graco Travel system where the carseat clicks INTO the stroller, when can I stop putting her into the carseat that clicks into the stroller, and JUST start putting her directly into the stroller? How old/what weights/heights did you start putting baby into a stroller? And she sits up on her own fine, too.

I just read the ENTIRE manual for the products and it only says the weight limits on the carseat and stroller, but it doesn't say what weight/height it is safe to put them in the stroller *without* the carseat attached.

I just want to use the stroller without the car seat and save some hassle lol.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What Age/Weight Did You Put Baby in a Stroller?

• You are good to go!!! I would say a couple months ago she would have been fine in it. My son has been going in my Mom's extra stroller that way since he was 4 mths old. He's also 7.5 months and a big boy! Lol
  • Agree with pp you are good, I got the okay from doc at 3 months for dd to go in jogging stroller because she could support her head.( didnt run with it that early though)
  • Loading the player...
  • my little one was in a jogger for walks at a couple weeks old:) 
  • You're good to go. DS outgrew his infant car seat at 4 months, so we started putting him straight into the stroller at that point. He was about 21lbs then. As long as she has good head control, it's all good.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Good to know! My baby boy is 6 months old today but is in the 99th percentile for height!

• Wow thank you so much for the feedback, momma's! This is great news! I didn't realize I was so late to the game on this one haha! Okay, I am in a fabulous mood about this, I can't wait to put her in the real part of the stroller now! :D Yay!
  • Nekotaru and other moms....Ignore stupid comments from strangers...people are bound to say something rude but not knowing it. I get tons of people asking my sons age and strangers are surprised he is bigger than expect. All babies are different and not all petite. I would get..."wow! He is a big boy!" or "dad must be tall?" ....I would say...yes he is healthy and on track on his growth, or nope, dad and I are short people. Anyways, I put my son in a stroller by 3 months ' cause he outgrew his carseat fast. At 3 months, I used a citymini stroller and used an infant snuzzler for head and body support (this works great for car seat and stroller). Than I reclined the seat as far back as it goes until my son had good head control which was late 4 months. I read the Citymini GT can carry an infant even without a carseat attachment but has one if wanted to use.
  • Glad I saw this thread!  I have been trying to convince DH that it's time to transition from the infant seat to a convertible car seat and stroller.  We have the Britax B-agile system which just clicks from the car base to the stroller as well and I'm so ready to give that up.  I honestly don't think it's safe for DS to be in the infant seat anymore since his head is above the seat and his feet stick out.  I think I'm going to change the seat myself this week, lol.  DH can just deal.
    Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
  • I know how you feel about having everyone comment on how big your baby is lol My DD is almost 8 months old and she only fits in 18 month clothes! 
    There's no minimum height/weight just as long as they're strapped in correctly and the straps are adjusted and they can sit up on they're own/hold their head up comfortably the stroller should be good! :)
    imageimageimage
  • My girl is actually a peanut...she's only 39% for height and 42%for weight. That was at her 6 month appt---shes 8 months now but hasnt had any massive growth spurts lol 
    I have the exact same stroller as you and started putting her in there around 5-6 months as soon as she had good head control. It was a treat for her going in there, so much stuff for her to look at during our walks!
    I hope your little one enjoys the new view!!
  • Maladroit said:

Glad I saw this thread!  I have been trying to convince DH that it's time to transition from the infant seat to a convertible car seat and stroller.  We have the Britax B-agile system which just clicks from the car base to the stroller as well and I'm so ready to give that up.  I honestly don't think it's safe for DS to be in the infant seat anymore since his head is above the seat and his feet stick out.  I think I'm going to change the seat myself this week, lol.  DH can just deal.

His head shouldn't be above, so you're good to go!
  • My son started riding in the stroller at two weeks old because we bought the stroller and car seat separately and didn't opt for a "system".  He's always done great and now that he's older he likes to sit up and look around.  I say go for it!