September 2014 Moms
Options

Pumping outside of work

I've been back to work for a while now and baby is finally taking the bottle like a champ. I'm EBF and pumping while I'm at the office. Now that this is finally "normal" to us, I'm ready for a date night and a girls day out!

But...where do I pump while I'm out? I'm okay breastfeeding in public, but it's a while lot harder to discreetly pump!! I guess I need to buy a battery pack too.

What do you do?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Pumping outside of work

• Options
    I pump in the back of my car. I have dark tinted windows. I'm lucky enough to have an outlet in my car, so it's fairly easy. I would definitely buy a battery pack if not though!
  • Options
    I pump when I get home if at all.  I don't think your supply will suffer missing one feeding at this point.  I think of it as her taking a long nap.
    Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    PPs gave great advice. I hope you enjoy your dates! :)

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I asked my lactation consult what to do in this situation and her response was "have an amazing babyfree time!" She told me to pump if I feel uncomfortable but that it isn't necessary. She said to bring a little lunchbox cooler incase I do need to pump, but I never do because my milk isn't usually serve-able. Lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks so much ladies!!! I feel so much better hearing from you and your experiences. I'll probably try a shorter date night and pump if she's asleep when I get home, and just feel it out from there. I'm looking forward to some grown up time and finally that margarita I haven't indulged in yet!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"