Late Term and Child Loss
Options

~ Loss Check-In ~

Hi ladies, I hope you have been kind to yourselves this week. 

Welcome to the check-in! I am sorry to have to welcome new loss moms this week but am so glad that you have found us. I hope we can bring each other some much needed comfort and support. Please feel free to join in when you are ready and share as much or as little as you wish. Also, if you have any questions you would like answered, just ask! Any lurkers out there please don't be shy, we would like to be able to support you too. 

Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week? 

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal? 

QOTW: Do you have a hard time being home or in a certain room since your loss?  
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
                                    motheringcarolinegrace.wordpress.com

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: ~ Loss Check-In ~

• Options
    Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week? I have made it through some very tough milestones that happen in the month of January so I am actually kind of relieved. I also have had the realization that I have been using food as a coping mechanism with my grief and while it is still happening, I feel that I may be able to have more control going forward.
    What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal? We are currently TTCAL so that is our current goal. More about this on the next question.

QOTW: Do you have a hard time being home or in a certain room since your loss? After Trenton's death, we moved back to our hometown; therefore, we have new jobs, a new house, etc. Trenton never lived in our hometown so that has helped. I remember even touching down in Dallas for a layover brought a bout of anxiety as that will always be his home. In the new house, one of the spare bedrooms (that we still refer to as Trenton's room even though he has never lived there) is closed all the time and it has all of his things and toys still in boxes. I can't seem to bring myself to do anything with it yet. I have a hard time looking at pictures of him that I haven't seen in a while (we have tons of pictures around the house - its the ones that I don't see everyday). Since we are TTCAL, I know that we are going to have to go through that room and it scares me to death..... I know I want to have a quilt made with his clothing and I love the hope box that someone on PGAL posted earlier.

Married my rock - April 29, 2011
    BFP - June 4, 2011 EDD February 3, 2012
    Super T born @ 37 weeks - January 13, 2012
    Super T diagnosed with stage IV high risk Neuroblastoma nmyc-amp - January 2, 2013
    Super T cancer free - June 19, 2013
    Super T relapsed - January 2, 2014
    Super T earned his angel wings - January 3, 2014

TTC for #2 beginning November 2014
    BFP #2 - Chemical Pregnancy - Confirmed May 29, 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS; HSG - Clear; SA - Clear
    Clomid #1 - BFN
    Femera Cycle #2 - BFN
    Femera Cycle #3 - BFP 11/10/15 - EDD 07/14/16

• Options
    We have reached out to a therapist and are just waiting to hear back on if she is in network for our insurance. I really am starting to need it my bad days are getting really dark.

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal? 
    Noah's memorial service is this coming Saturday (1/24) so we are finishing up preparations for it and it is really challenging. I'm worried that it will be a very very small turn out for it and that it won't be fitting to celebrate how much he meant to us. I hope we can get everything finished up and be happy with how it turns out.

I avoid our living room for the most part. The few things we had purchased are in there and so is my pregnancy pillow and it's hard to see those things.
    Noah Gabriel due:4/21/15 born sleeping 12/22/14

Hoping for a Rainbow in 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe JoleisaMaybe Joleisa member
    edited January 2015
    Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week? No new steps; gearing up for the 1st angelversary next week. 

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Print & frame picture, organize (scrapbook) u/s & maternity pictures and find a place to display their urn that is still in their nursery. 

Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal? I took vacation time, so I could be off work all next week until Jan 27. 

QOTW: Do you have a hard time being home or in a certain room since your loss? Anthony & Benjamin's nursery was painted just a few days before our loss. I used to spend time napping and reading in the comfy leather recliner we bought for in there, but I haven't done that in awhile. (Part of the reason is that my DH took down the mini blinds and I was going to pick out more child-friendly window treatments. That has become yet another task to avoid, I guess.)

TTC since 10/2010
    IUIs # 1-5 = BFFN
    IVF # 1(July 2012) = BFN
    IVF # 2 (November 2012) = BFP (MIssed MC D&C @ 8w3d on 1/10/13)
    IVF # 3 (June 2013) = BFN 
    IVF # 4 (September 2013) = BFP Fraternal twin boys! (Loss at 21w6d due to IC on 1/26/14...devastated.)
    3/21/14--TAC (transabdominal cerclage) w/Dr. Davis in NJ
    IVF # 5 (May 2014) = BFN
    FET (August 2014) = BFN

• Options
    I had a really hard time this past week.  I felt like I was just screaming inside.  I was able to have a good cry Friday morning which helped, otherwise it was a crappy week.

Just try to get through each day the best that I can.

Being home has been difficult.  We got a puppy a few months ago and having her has helped.  She is really sweet and gives us a reason to come home.  Going in Ava's room is pretty impossible, I've only done it a few times since she passed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"