August 2014 Moms
Options

Lansinoh milk bags?!

Baby bean has been pretty restless and I think his choppers are giving him hell, thus very little napping. He'll take the boob but only when he's starving so I've been pulling some frozen milk to help soothe and top his tank, and hopefully get him to nap a little more. (Judge me)

But the last two bags of milk have had leaks! Out of precaution I tossed them, but it's pretty heartbreaking essentially throwing out liquid gold! Has anybody else had issues with Lansinoh? I've never used a different brand because I've never had an issue. Now I'm worried I'll have to toss my entire supply..

Re: Lansinoh milk bags?!

• Options
    Oh no! I would seriously cry! I've heard that the medela ones have problems with leaking. I have both medela and lansinoh and haven't had problems yet. Sorries!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pink021 said:

I use the Lansinoh ones and haven't had any issues.

Same
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    I've used a few Lansinoh but mostly Target brand and have not had an issue
  • Options
    Pink021 said:

I use the Lansinoh ones and haven't had any issues.

Same! I hope you didn't a bad box?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't had an issue. I lay my bags flat in a Tupperware when I first put them in the freezer, then once they are frozen I put the in another location. I do this cause I think if they stick to part of the freezer when first place in then they might get a leak.
  • Options
    Target brand is awesome and no leaks. I had over 1500 oz frozen before and most were Lansinoh and only a few leaked. Thawed in a zip lock bag is a great idea.

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
  • Options
    I haven't had an issue. I lay my bags flat in a Tupperware when I first put them in the freezer, then once they are frozen I put the in another location. I do this cause I think if they stick to part of the freezer when first place in then they might get a leak.

this is what we do. I keep about 10 bags in our main freezer and the rest outside in the garage freezer where they won't get moved around while I am searching for ice cream :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I like @Eena1242 idea of thawing them in a zip lock bag so you don't have to throw them away. As long as they are bing stored somewhere clen I don't think that would be a problem.

I use the Ameda bags and have had no problems, but my insurance provides those for me, so I would probably go a cheaper route if that was not the case.

Also, I hope no one would judge you for topping him off with some frozen milk. Teething is miserable :(

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Thaw in a ziploc. We haven't had much trouble but our bags stick to each other and other items in the freezer sometimes and when they are pulled apart, it can cause cracks/holes.

This seems to be more common in humid climates because any wet air can cause ice to form in between freezer items.
  • Options
    I used them for a year with DD1 and have used them so far with DD2 and never had an issues. FX that it was just a couple bad ones.

imageimage
  • Options
    I had them stacked on top of each other is a plastic container so maybe they just stuck together and cracked. I'll try the ziplock bag idea! Thanks! :-)
  • Options
    Half of my Lansinoh bags leaked, too! Once I noticed, I started double bagging and it seemed to fix the problem - I also use Target Brand bags and have never had a problem with those!
  • Options
    I just had a dream that my milk bags were leaking! Lololololololol. Musta been bumpin before bed.
  • Options
    I do the thaw in a zip lock trick too. I rarely use frozen milk but have only had one bag leak.
  • Options
    Had terrible issues with Lansinoh bags. So much so that I wrote the company. I exclusively pumped for 6 months and had a huge freezer stash. I'm sure I lost many ounces due to the bags leaking. Totally frustrating so I feel your pain!
  • Options
    This post is from January.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker