January 2013 Moms
Options

DS biting himself (update in original post)

luvindanimalsluvindanimals member
edited January 2015 in January 2013 Moms
Anyone else having issues with their LO putting their fingers in their mouth? What about biting themselves? I have witnessed it some at home but his preschool teacher says it's happening all the time at school. She said it could be related to stress?
He has his 2 year old check up Monday so I will talk to his pedi. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this. I don't think it's due to 2 year molars because he is not putting his fingers back there.

Went to the dr yesterday for DS 2 year old check up. Dr pretty much just chalked it up to a bad habit. Luckily we are seeing less and less of it. He has been cooped up inside due to cold weather. Since it's been nice outside the last few days we have gotten outside a lot more. Seems to have done wonders for DS mood and the "bad habit."
Thanks for all of your feedback!
Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DS biting himself (update in original post)

• Options
    Haven't had this happen yet. DS went through banging his head on things stage about 6 months ago. So I wonder if this is along the same lines.... Definitely bring it up to the pedi Monday.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    DS recently started constantly putting his fingers in his mouth, like back when he was 6 months old and teething. No biting though.
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The only time DS bit himself on purpose was when he was coming out of anesthesia and the hour after. It was super scary - he was really upset and would bite himself hard. He was obviously really stressed so it makes sense that there could be a link there, especially if your LO isn't able to communicate being upset verbally yet. I would at least mention it to the pedi but I bet they say it can be normal.

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    He is not biting hard. You can see shallow teeth marks and it's red but no marks are left after 20 minutes. I guess it's more like chewing?
  • Options
    DD is constantly gnawing on her fingers. I think it's partially teething but she also just started school and does get a little anxious around people. I usually just let her unless we're out and she's been doing it for a while then I say "please take your fingers out of your mouth" and it's like she didn't even notice she was doing it. 
  • Options
    When DD was getting her molars she chewed her fingers like it was her job. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Bumping for those to see the update!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"