1st Trimester
Options

6 weeks+6 Pants to tight already??

jenpercjenperc member
edited January 2015 in 1st Trimester
Anyone one else can't fit into their jeans any more comfortably? I think I am just bloated, but yeah can't fit into my jeans :( I needed to switch over to active wear pants. lol  

Re: 6 weeks+6 Pants to tight already??

• Options
    Definitely bloat, it will fluctuate throughout the next few weeks. Drink a lot of water, and try to #2 regularly!
  • Options
    Definitely bloat, it will fluctuate throughout the next few weeks. Drink a lot of water, and try to #2 regularly!
    Yep! It comes and goes. 
    1/19/15 - Officially Team Blue! 
    "Victory is paid for in sweat, courage, and preparation!"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Right there with you!  And my work pants don't fit either!!  Try a belly band. You can keep the button of your pants undone because the belly band fits snuggly over the waistband and it just looks like you're wearing a camisole under your shirt.  Genius!!
  • Options
    Yep, this happened to me early on...It's due to bloating. Use the rubber band trick or get a belly band to extend the life of your pants while you still can.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was the same way. I'm 9 weeks now and just gave up and live in leggings. I did order my first belly band, I'm crossing my fingers. I might have spoiled myself being so comfortable though.
  • Options
    my maternity pants just came in today, too big. and my regular pants can be buttoned but they cut in and it makes me feel shitty. I had never thought of hairband trick.  10 weeks and trying to hold off on maternity pants Thanks a bunch!
    Be the Change.
    Make no assumptions
    Take nothing personally
    Be impeccable with your word
    Do your best

• Options
    I love the belly band! Its amazing how quickly my pants don't fit anymore!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine are starting to get tight. I was really hoping to not have to get any new dress pants and just buy a few new capris and dresses when the weather changed. I'll be using the belly bands until I just can't anymore haha

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I hate the belly band. I'm a pear shape with a small waist and the thing just always rolls to the middle. :( I've done the rubber band trick with long tanks on. I know there is another thing that is stretchy like the belly band material but attaches to your button holes. I forgot the name of it though. I can't wait to wear maternity pants though and will start wearing them as soon as I can. They are so comfy! I think they should make pants like that for everyone.
  • Options
    I hate the belly band. I'm a pear shape with a small waist and the thing just always rolls to the middle. :( I've done the rubber band trick with long tanks on. I know there is another thing that is stretchy like the belly band material but attaches to your button holes. I forgot the name of it though. I can't wait to wear maternity pants though and will start wearing them as soon as I can. They are so comfy! I think they should make pants like that for everyone.
    I'm so glad I'm not the only person struggling with this! I greatly regret wearing mine to work today!

...7.5 hours to go
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I was wondering how this thing stays in place if you have an hourglass, sounds like a mess.
    Be the Change.
    Make no assumptions
    Take nothing personally
    Be impeccable with your word
    Do your best

• Options
    Yep, that bloat's a killer. I've been unbuttoning my jeans already. Luckily my work pants tend to be a little looser, so I've got time. I'm thinking of getting 2-3 maxi skirts and just using those the majority of the time. A colleague did that last semester and swears by it.
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    I'm the same way. My sister told me that I was over reacting but she's always been tiny her entire life. She doesn't understand what it's like to have meat on her bone then to feel bloated on top of it. I bought my first pair of maternity pants and I'm only 6 weeks.
  • Options
    this is my third pregnancy my clothes are already getting too tight I think this baby is going to be bigand the worst part is I haven't told my job or my friends or family yet my husband doesn't want anybody to know yet but I just want to tell everybody
  • Options
    I had someone tell me that it isn't possible for my favorite pants to be snug around my hips already? I don't remember it being like that so fast with my first 3 kids but it seems that way now.. Any suggestions if its possible at 5 weeks?
  • Options

I had someone tell me that it isn't possible for my favorite pants to be snug around my hips already? I don't remember it being like that so fast with my first 3 kids but it seems that way now.. Any suggestions if its possible at 5 weeks?

It's definitely possible for clothing to be tighter due to bloat. Your uterus is still tucked behind your pelvic bone and will be until 12 weeks so it's not baby bump but bloat bump.
  • Options
    I thought so.. This time around seems so much different than my 3 boys. I'm breaking out really bad the only thing that pointed towards pregnant was my missed period
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"