Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Picky Eater

My 2-year-old DS has recently become a food snob! He would only eat the most exquisite and expensive sorts of cheese...Goats milk cheese is his favorite. Tries to treat hime with a more cheap sort of cheese...Nope. Anyone else here facing the same issue?

Re: Picky Eater

• Options
    I hear you! Just be patient...
  • Options
    My dd iS picky, requests only snack foods. She will eat blueberries, apples, bananas, NO VEGGIES really except corn and potatoes, which technically are starches. So frustrating

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No suggestions other than to just keep offering other foods.  My guy is ridiculously picky and often just plain won't eat dinner.  I was shocked he tried the pizza quesadillas we made last night. He had two bites.  AMAZING for him.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I make a big batch of fruit/veggie smoothie every other week and freeze them in my old medela 2.5 oz bottles. I put in carrots, spinach, apples, bananas, berries, sometimes plain yogurt. I give my daughter a smoothie with dinner and she loves them. We also give a multivitamin with breakfast and dinner. I offer her healthy foods and not so healthy stuff (mac and cheese, pizza, tofu chicken nuggets, etc) and as long as she drinks all of the smoothie and at least TRIES the healthy foods, I am okay with her diet.
  • Options
    My 2-year-old DS has recently become a food snob! He would only eat the most exquisite and expensive sorts of cheese...Goats milk cheese is his favorite. Tries to treat hime with a more cheap sort of cheese...Nope. Anyone else here facing the same issue?
    I don't really see how this is an issue.

And where are you buying Goat milk cheese that it's so expensive?  That's not an expensive cheese at all. 
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Nicb13 - I am serious, not joking...
    @Jessica+Penny - love the smoothie idea, I will try to avoid freezing thpugh, I read it is better to serve fresh food because it has more vitamins. I probably never thought of smoothies because I dislike them myself, they often don't look yummy.

Thanks to everyone for all your support!
  • Options
    my DS is also picky and will eat some random stuff like hummus with pretzels and loves kalamata olives never the green ones though and when it comes to cheese only sharp cheddar...lol... he'll also eat some creamy soup which I make with zucchini/squash, spinach, onions, chicken broth and cream and a couple other seasonings just to make it tastier, he loves it.. he did like mac & cheese and red pasta sauce for sometime but suddenly he wont touch it.. ugh its frustrating but as PP mentioned I guess its all about patience.. we are also big smoothie makers pretty much have a spinach smoothie on the regular.. another good way to sneak in the veggies is making veggies-fruit popsicles which will get them super excited for 'ice cream' I like to swirl my popsicles with honey yogurt to make them look and taste even yummier!.. Good Luck

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

imageimage

• Options

And where are you buying Goat milk cheese that it's so expensive?  That's not an expensive cheese at all. 
    Goats milk cheese is pretty expensive where I am. It's about 11 bucks for a tiny brick of it. We consider it a fancy cheese and only get it for hors d'oeuvres at Christmas. LOL

DD isn't really a picky eater, but when she has her pickier moments, sometimes I find that it's all about presentation. If I place her food on the plate and sprinkle a little parsley or something on it, and arrange her meat in line, she's all intrigued and will eat it just because it looks pretty. Not sure if that helps in your situation, but you never know.
  • Options

Goats milk cheese is pretty expensive where I am. It's about 11 bucks for a tiny brick of it. We consider it a fancy cheese and only get it for hors d'oeuvres at Christmas. LOL

DD isn't really a picky eater, but when she has her pickier moments, sometimes I find that it's all about presentation. If I place her food on the plate and sprinkle a little parsley or something on it, and arrange her meat in line, she's all intrigued and will eat it just because it looks pretty. Not sure if that helps in your situation, but you never know.
    Great idea! I must try this. Actually I saw a lot of fab pictures of baby lunches where they make fun with food, arrange it like animals etc. But I have never been a real fan of this approach and I also thought it's too complicated.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"