February 2013 Moms
Options

Price per diaper

Question: my mom is down in the USA and is buying some diapers for us for when we get there. In Canada, a good deal on diapers is usually 15-17 cents per diaper. With the USD/CAD conversion, should we expect the price to be lower? What do you typically pay per diaper in the US?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Price per diaper

• Options
    Depends on where you buy and if you wait for sales. We always buy at Costco because we have a membership through work, and I always buy during their sales (they put Huggies Snug & Dry on sale about once every three months, and Kirkland Supremes on sale once every three months, so you have diapers come on sale every 45 to 60 days or so). We buy size 5, and when the sales are going our cost per diaper is 20 cents USD - size 4 are 18 cents each, size 3 are 16 cents. The cheapest LUVS where I live are about 22 cents USD per diaper for the size we buy, and that's at Walmart. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Options
    I prefer Target brand. I pay $.20 a diaper.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Okay... So this all seems right in line with what I pay CAD. I told her anything over $.20/ was too much.
  • Options
    I get Pampers because apparently I like to have my money shit on.  I pay $0.24 per diaper via Amazon Mom.

Declan 2.21.2013
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 6.22.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @khaze, we buy Huggies so I am right there with you. We like to shit on our money.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    money shitter here too
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • Options
    Put me down on the money shitter pile. Pampers for him and Huggies for her. Although, we did get down to $.15 a diaper last time we bought.
  • Options
    Glad I'm not the only one who has a kid the prefers the expensive stuff!  We started with Huggies when DS was born because my dad used to work for Kimberly-Clark (makes Huggies).  Anyways, those didn't fit him well.  We tried Luvs because they were cheap and had the same issue as Huggies.  Pampers have been perfect for him though. 

Declan 2.21.2013
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 6.22.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"