September 2012 Moms

Tuesday Talk

13»

Re: Tuesday Talk

• kelbel527 said:
    I really wish I was as good with decorating as you guys are. I always feel so inadequate when you guys all talk decorating. 
    You're not alone.  :)
    Good!

I really feel if I could just get past pain colors, the rest would kind of come together. I may seriously look into finding someone who will come to the house and pick out colors for rooms or something. 
  • Loading the player...
  • kelbel527 said:
    I really wish I was as good with decorating as you guys are. I always feel so inadequate when you guys all talk decorating. 
    I totally steal ideas from everywhere and recreate them which is super easy to do these days. Like I am wanting to change up the color scheme in our bedroom at some point so was looking for inspiration on Pinterest with black and greens. Kate Spade's bedroom popped up and it was perfect. Everything in her room is high high end but the feel of the room can be replicated and that is what I look for.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• kelbel527 said:
    Good!

I really feel if I could just get past pain colors, the rest would kind of come together. I may seriously look into finding someone who will come to the house and pick out colors for rooms or something. 
    Don't even get me started on paint colors.  I'm having major angst over making the wrong choice in the house.  We will carry a grey color through majority of the downstairs and I'm freaking out that if I choose the wrong grey I will hate my living space.  I know I'm over thinking it.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• @Flamingemu‌ You can complain about whatever you want. I still think it's rude to say things on Facebook when there's people that likely fall into the resolutioner category reading it. Saying something to a friend who understands your frustration is different (to me) than Facebook. I do think there are some people who stick with their resolutions. And obviously the companies don't care, because they run promotions to get more people in the gym at this time of year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Nita2603 Whoa....congratulations!

I feel like I must have missed out on the news or something and was equally confused with that earlier post.  How are you feeling?  

• melody921 said:

I just are an embarrassing amount of sour gummy candy. I need to stop being a stress eater.

@redneckmomma25‌, my brother lives in Westchester county. I had no idea you were in or near there. For some reason, I thought you were much further north.

I'm an hour from Westchester, hour and a half from the city. 

I live farther north (northwest of Albany)
    I know you probably don't care
  • Congrats @Nita2603‌! Y'all is $0.30 a good price for diapers? Plus a $25 gift card to spend later?

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Congrats @Nita2603‌ !
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • DH took Boo to her appointment. She has strep. We can't win. I took tomorrow off to stay with her and she can go back to daycare on Thursday, which is the day of my 3 hr test. Oy. I had to plan for 2 days of subs and couldn't get the same one for both days. Thankfully, they are both great and very capable.
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • I'm trying to work on baby boy's nursery too, and it's hard. I didn't get to do one for Boo, so when I did her big girl room, I focused on some colors from her favorite blanket, my grandma is making a quilt for her big girl bed and I still need curtains and different toy storage. I'm doing a loose Avengers theme for her brother (DH inspired). I'm so bad at this. I don't want them to take over or be scary, but I don't want to do cartoony stuff either. Maybe I will post my polyvore board this weekend for advice (thanks for polyvore, @hmp1‌ ).
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • hmp1 said:
    I really wish I could post pictures of how cute Cal's room came out, but his closet doors are still standing against the wall and the closet isn't finished......

If that ever happens, you guys will see how cute it turned out.  

The kids have cute rooms.  The rest of the house I'd like to burn down and start over on.
    When the insurance company told me the replacement amount for our house, I was totally ok if it burned to the ground so long as everyone was safe.
    Us too! I called and asked about rates and the first thing our of her mouth was "Oh you must have a pretty big home." Umm...no it's solid brick. To replicate a solid brick house these days $$$$.

• My boss just called.  Told me that she thought about it and she just can't let me go part time.  Never went to HR with it, just decided that with the focus the college is putting on advising, it's just not a good time to ask.  Let's forget about the fact that the college is also looking to save money everywhere possible....

Then she got all butthurt when I told her that yes, I had been looking.  Are you f-ing kidding me?  I came to you with this 8 months ago.  What did you think I was going to do?  Just sit around and wait for you to make up your mind?

Then she says "You know, there's just so many of you guys with kids that would want to go part time if I let you, that I just can't let one person do it."  So that's the real reason.  
    Wow, what an asshat. Some people with kids wouldn't necessarily want p-t. I hope you find the schedule/job you want soon @MarisaKathleen‌

• Nita2603 said:

@amandad715 It was cold, and who knows maybe they just walked outside (maybe she was hot if she had been standing inside all bundled up?).  I just apparently feel heartbroken for kids waiting on their parents to come get them.  She was watching for me.  I don't know why that breaks my heart!  I'm sure W didn't think twice about it.  I have to stop thinking about it because it's making me want to go get her lol.

@nita2603 I keep reading your post, and rereading it.  And I am trying for the life of me to decide if you are pregnant, and if so if I knew that or not.  You must clear this up for me! 

@tinyhumantoe‌, yep. I am. 23w today.
    Congrats!

• @Nita2603 congratulations!!

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"