Cincinnati Babies

MIL... help!

Ok ladies, I mentioned this in the meetup, but I'm really about to loose it with the MIL. Here are my issues: I have to clean, cook and do dishes for her, she sleeps everyday until 1-3pm, she has her bill collectors/repo men/friends calling my phone, she soothes LO only with the TV and paci, and she constantly mentions how daddy loves her and LO is daddy's girl--basically all about daddy.

SHE'S SUCKING ON MY TITS LADY!! At least that's what I want to scream... DH has two more shifts and he's home. I know she means well but I am about to go bonkers. I feel like she's not helping or at least the help she is providing negates my extra chores and $ spent on food for her. Selfish? What do I do?!?!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: MIL... help!

• Eekkk. I commend you. When you mentioned it on Saturday I wanted to give you a hug. Would it be better if she's gone? Would your hubs be offended? Do you think it would be better by yourself? Sorry for all the questions.

You have the patience of a saint. Besides my rant above I would just tell hubs once he's back on his schedule. Let him see it for himself or give him the facts. Good luck.
  • We invited her to stay this week while DH was working. I really thought she'd be a lot of help but that's not the case. I'm going to talk to DH but she has no car so I can't kick her out. I just don't belive I should have to say hey can you do this can you do that. I mean put your dishes in the dishwasher not laying around everywhere.

I just have to stick it out another couple days until DH is home and then he'll be able to help and we can plan how to get her home. And around least she doesn't plunk the babe in front of the TV. I should have said she just sits her up and let's her watch what we're watching for 15 min or so.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Definitely not selfish! I've got no real advice since I struggle to figure out how to talk with my passive aggressive mil. Hopefully she's gone soon otherwise I would be telling DH to do something about her, GL!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @narbuckle UGH! That is misery. I'm so sorry that you're still having to deal with that. I'm sure it's frustrating thinking that you were going to have all this help and it turns out, its almost like taking care of another child. This woman seriously sleeps until 1pm-3pm?!?!?! Other than college students, who does that?!

My best piece of advice is just to talk with your DH about her future visits. Hopefully once DH gets back he can pick up some slack and help out. But when she visits again, I'd try to make sure there are some ground rules set up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"